Insurance will not repair

Well another thing the dealer is doing is storing the bike, which is driving your final cost up and may be the straw that causes you to get cancelled.

YES they can cancel you at any time, its in your agreement. BUT in most cases you are insured for a certain period and they'll pro-rate you whatever is left over.

Buy back is normally a good way to recoup some of the lost cash. With a turbo bike, I'd definitely buy it back regardless.

What cloud said, you'll have to pay the towing and some outrageous storage bill, but atleast you can get it back in your possesion, then go from there.:)

Am I missing something here???

This is not a case of someone driving down the road and some moron pulls out in front of you...... From the first post on this subject, you was out fuggin around and got slapped down HARD...

Maybe I am a minority here, BUT, that is NOT what insurance is for....

To anyone wishing to flame me on this one, before you do so, first take a second to retrieve your handy insurance premium, take a look at that rate, and think about the direction that number is going and who is REALLY paying for that fateful afternoon that started this thread.....ok, now proceed.....

I am glad that you did not get seriously hurt in your crash. I also think you are very lucky that the insurance company is even doing what they have done so far. It is quite unfair for you to paint the picture that insurance company is being deceptive here, as I highly doubt that you were straight up with them as to what truly happened, you probably did not get any law enforcement agency to investigate, or if you did were probably not straight up with them, unless you forgot to post here about all the tickets that event generated.

In your own post you wrote that this is the second bike you have totaled out a Busa, does that not tell you anything???

This is not meant as a personal slam on you at all, you are probably a very nice guy, I am just getting tired of paying for other people not living up to their own responsibilities.

ok, I am off my soap box now.....

This is not a case of someone driving down the road and some moron pulls out in front of you......  From the first post on this subject, you was out fuggin around and got slapped down HARD...

Maybe I am a minority here, BUT, that is NOT what insurance is for....

To anyone wishing to flame me on this one, before you do so, first take a second to retrieve your handy insurance premium, take a look at that rate, and think about the direction that number is going and who is REALLY paying for that fateful afternoon that started this thread.....ok, now proceed.....

I am glad that you did not get seriously hurt in your crash.  I also think you are very lucky that the insurance company is even doing what they have done so far.  It is quite unfair for you to paint the picture that insurance company is being deceptive here, as I highly doubt that you were straight up with them as to what truly happened, you probably did not get any law enforcement agency to investigate, or if you did were probably not straight up with them, unless you forgot to post here about all the tickets that event generated.

In your own post you wrote that this is the second bike you have totaled out a Busa, does that not tell you anything???

This is not meant as a personal slam on you at all, you are probably a very nice guy, I am just getting tired of paying for other people not living up to their own responsibilities.

ok, I am off my soap box now.....

My bike was insured as a Turbo Busa  and for that I had to pay extra 6 % on what I used to pay for insurance when it was just a Busa  . So to me the Insurance company  knew what they were covering me for and they have charged me accordingly.

The insurance company was deceptive and that's why when I seeked legal advise I was able to repair the bike and have them pay 50 % of the cost  of the repair and not  50 % of the cost of the compensation value if  I agreed to scrap the bike which was much less than what I got from them  .

I did have a police  report and the same was submitted to the insurance company and for your information I was very honest  cos I know many people who came up with stories how another car caused the accident but they could not catch the license plate and made the insurance pay the full cost of repair ( I did not do that )  .  

By the way yes that was my second Busa  but my first bike was not totaled  !!! I do not know from where you got your info !!!! My first bike was stolen in March 2002 (do a search and you will find my post about my stolen Busa)  
<span style='color:red'>By the way this tell me one thing get your facts right
smile.gif
</span>

Thank you

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116781502 -->

Ummmmm, I got the facts which I stated from YOU…..

You might want to go back and check the post you made describing when you originally wrecked this bike.  I will paste it below.

In that post you described how horrific the crash was and that this was your third bike, having wrecked the second one.

When you say you have a police report, did that involve law enforcement actually responding to the scene right after it happened or filing a report after the fact?  If they responded to the scene, actually investigated the accident and did not take enforcement action on you, based on what you earlier described, Merry Christmas for you, because that cop was friggen Santa Clause.

My whole point is, based on what YOU originally described, it did not sound like at the time of your crash, your actions were the same as they would have been if a law enforcement officer were sitting right there watching you crash.

Please do not misconstrue this as faulting you for how you choose to operate your bike.  I don’t have a problem with you or anyone else doing what you did, as long as YOU are willing to accept the consequences that YOUR actions created.

Now I will not suppose to know the facts, but I would bet that when Cache and HIM had their crashes, doing nearly the same thing that you did, they did not run out and threaten to sue their insurance company to pay for the damages…..

And I won’t even comment on the part where you think that because the insurance company charges you an extra 6% on your premium for having a Turbo Busa, that they know what they are covering you for.

As I said in my first post here, this was not meant as a slam on you personally, I just get tired of paying out money in insurance premiums when a huge portion goes out to cover other people not living up to their own mistakes.  Please do not kid yourself into thinking that is the insurance company who is writing that check…………

Yesterday the weather was perfect so I took the bike for a ride and on the way home (just three minutes from reaching home) I had a terrible accident.
I think I pushed the bike too hard in 2nd and 3rd gear so the bike went up in the air with a 90 degree wheelie and I could not control it.
It just happened so fast, the bike was going to fall on me and crush me so I had to let the bike go.
I noticed   the bike do a 360 degree flip ,  and I hit the ground so hard  and I kept  filliping over and over and over one time looking at the incoming traffic and the other time seeing my bike fly in the air and drag a cross the road.

After flipping 7 times in the air and ground I managed to stop but I was still lying on the main road;  I dragged myself to the hard shoulder and I noticed that my pants and t-shirt were torn and I was bleeding heavily from my knees and elbows and on top of that my thumb was swollen like mad.

People gathered to make sure I was ok and they wanted to take me to hospital but I refused to go before making arrangement to pick my bike.
I did not want to leave the bike behind cos two of my friends had accidents and when they came to pick the bikes they were gone never to be found again. I did not want to end up like my friend, the crowd (guys) went and picked up the bike and brought it next to me to make me happy.

Every part of the bike body was damaged nothing was spared and I am shocked cos I think I was only doing 100 km/h (I will post the pictures later).

In hospital they did full x-ray and bandaged me up but all my body is still paining.  I am going to finish the police formalities then I will go to the insurance in order to take the bike to the agent for repair luckily I only have to pay $300 and the rest is on the insurance company.  

Will keep you update soon

HeliBusa <span style='color:blue'>I still did not see the part regarding wrecking my first Busa can you highlight that part for me !!! </span>

what actually I said was if the insurance deicide to scrap my bike and buy me another Busa then that Busa will be my third .
If that statements confuses you to think I wrecked two bikes then I am sorry that you misunderstand me .

I bought two Busa's one was stolen in 2002 and the second was wrecked & thank god it is now repaired & on the road again with the same insurance coverage .

The insurance did pay their share of the repair and that what matters to me the most
smile.gif

I am not going to go thru each word to prove you wrong cos honestly I do not have the time nor it is my nature to behave like that . This site deserve better from all of us .

I have one thing to say to you

<span style='color:blue'>Don’t Worry Be Happy my Friend
smile.gif
</span>

Cheers mate

smile.gif

Just to save anyone some further deception, what insurance company was it that caused this thread?

Back