Right lower fairing
Upper fairing
Sail panel
Turn signal fairing
Right side fill panels
Right side mirror
Right pazzo lever
Right R77 carbon slip on

State Farm says to bring it to a dealer for an estimate and send them pictures. Looks like the lower right fairing took the brunt of the damage and there is no damage to the clutch cover. Everything up top looks aligned.

Any advice on processing this claim?

That's what I had to do, I took it to one of the local shops to get a quote, they'll get in contact with the shop to see how much damage then decide if it'll be totalled.

Here's what needs to be replaced.

Right lower fairing
Upper fairing
Sail panel
Turn signal fairing
Right side fill panels
Right side mirror
Right pazzo lever
Right R77 carbon slip on

State Farm says to bring it to a dealer for an estimate and send them pictures. Looks like the lower right fairing took the brunt of the damage and there is no damage to the clutch cover. Everything up top looks aligned.

Any advice on processing this claim?

Got any pictures?

I'm guessing around 2k in parts. Probably 500 in labor. Pretty sure there isn't any damage under because there is really not much to damage and everything is still in place. The lower fairing is still connected at the front but I haven't checked the bottom yet. I don't think they will total it.

Your State Farm agent should send an estimator to you. No need for a dealer prior to payout. When mine fell over they sent an estimator that pulled my bike up on a tablet and they just checked off any part that was damaged.

Yeah, I'm going to check on that. The adjustor I talked to asked me if the bike was rideable and I said I thought so. But I can't ride it right now and I want to get it fixed.

That's what I had to do, I took it to one of the local shops to get a quote, they'll get in contact with the shop to see how much damage then decide if it'll be totalled.

When I had a spill on my old 08, it had mostly cosmetic damages but I personally hoped/wanted the shop to total it......and very glad they did and the insurance agreed. If/when the time came to sell, did not want that "history" which could discourage buyers. Unexpected bonus, shop gave me the chance to remove mods off the bike before it was hauled away....mods which are now in my current bike (ASV levers, steering damper, ss lines, seat, etc.)

Got a good settlement which I used to buy my current 09.....got a great deal on it and even had some leftover $$.

P.S. I also claimed the damage to my gear: jeans, boots, jacket, gloves and helmet . BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!

Good luck with getting the bike fixed up, I hope everthing goes smoothly and also hope you heal up quickly and completely.

If they total it what do they use to compute value. Is it trade or retail? I still owe right at 4k for it. Wouldn't mind getting one with abs because apparently I need it.

If they total it what do they use to compute value. Is it trade or retail?

I checked RETAIL prices listed on NADA & KBB (I also took a peek at Cycletrader & completed listings on ebay). To my surprise, the amount the insurance offered was much more than the prices from my research. NOT SURE what figure your insurance will use. Best of luck.

Back