Suzuki safety labels

Removed all those stickers today, but did you guys/girls remove the one on the left frame rail by the fairing that has the bike serial number and stuff on it. I took all the other frame stickers off, but wasn't sure about removing that one?

Removed all those stickers today, but did you guys/girls remove the one on the left frame rail by the fairing that has the bike serial number and stuff on it.  I took all the other frame stickers off, but wasn't sure about removing that one?
If u ever decide to polish your frame, u'll need to get that off. It is not a soft decal. It will break apart if u try peeling it off. I use a razor blade to filet it like a fish but very carefully. I got mine off in 1 piece and store it with my insurance and registration paper. It is tricky but with a little patience, u'll get it off.

There's nothing wrong with using a heat gun if used properly, you ever tried to remove woodgrain stickers from a car with a hairdryer? It doesn't work. I would recommend alittle thinner on a clean dampened rag(DO NOT pour it straight on the paint)along with a dry clean rag to wipe after, nothing will happen to your paint. Just don't leave the thinner on and make sure to wipe clean after. Then wax when it's clean.

And there's countless uses for a heatgun not just paint removal. Bottom line is, if you heat the sticker the glue softens,the sticker becomes pliable and eases pulloff, then you wipe clean with a solvent. Then horror stories you hear of thinner eating through paint are a result of moronic people leaving the chemical on the surface where it "eats". A mere wipe on,wipe off won't hurt anything, just used common sense.
Your riding a busa, and that takes some common sense to ride, so use it when doing your stickers. Rant over.

Used fingernails and WD-40. Fingernails got sore so I busted up an old CD case and used the small shards of the plastic case as a scraper. Hard enough to scrap the sticker off but soft enough not to scratch paint. WD-40 to clean the remaining goo, then Windex to remove the WD-40 residue, then wax the tank. Razor balde works but is very tricky as one wrong move and you are into the paint. Use the plastic scraper like I suggest and that will never happen.

Razor blade is the only way to get that vin number off the frame...in 1 piece. U see, it's not just a soft decal u can peel off and clean with wd-40. Dont't know if they even call it a decal. Again, I only removed it becuz I was polishing my frame, so it didn't matter if I scraped off some of the anodizing on the frame or not.

There's nothing wrong with using a heat gun if used properly, you ever tried to remove woodgrain stickers from a car with a hairdryer?[/QUOTE]

Can't say I have...then again if I owned a car with wood grain stickers I wouldn't care about the paint or the car...hell I'd just set the whole car on fire.  There's a big difference from huge sheets of laminate on a POS car and tiny PAPER stickers applied to a modern clear coat finish or PLASTIC fairing panels.
And when you get the woodgrain off the Greg Brady Olds Vista Cruiser, what's the paint like under it?  Does all that adhesive just wipe off or is the car going in for a complete paint job anyways?

Countless people are using a SAFE hair dryer that doesn't need to be "properly" used along with WD-40 or Goo-Gone (both of which are known to safely remove sticky residue).  Advising the use of a HEATGUN and paint thinners which come in different varieties...some of which you don't even want in contact with your skin is plain overkill and wrong.

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083429569 -->

Back