Instrument panel freeze

G

Has anyone had the problem that the instument panel freezes. This has happened a few times to my busa , I disconnect the battery and reconnect and the problem is ok for a while. Please help

There is a procedure to reset the display panel in the manual, but I'm buggered if I can remember it.

Think its something like turn on ignition, press button and hold, release and press again, but not sure

Any one with manual to hand ????

This did happen to someone else on the board, and it was a buggered conection somewhere.
Try the search function

Nuts

I was reading it last night(don't ask me why)
Here it goes:
1) Press the function switch button( the one above the trip display)down and turn ingition on.
2) Release the button after 5 seconds that the ingition switch was turned on.
3) press the buttton twice with in one second.
The totoal time for this proceedure has to be completed in less than 10 seconds.

Bedtime reading!!!

good one JC

I was trying to find the post from the chap whose clocks kept locking in the middle, search function is more than useless. Am going to try looking at all the titles.....

be back presently.....

Nuts

Buy a new instrument cluster. Poof! Back to 0.

[This message has been edited by RobBase (edited 02 July 2000).]

Big Mike, same problem. Unplug the battery and it resets. While still in "wacko" mode the panel displays a stuck odometer reading even with the bike turned off and key in pocket.

The problem is beyond what is described in the service manual.

Reconnecting the battery is the short term cure, but I am not understanding why this takes place. I assume it is a weird ground problem of sorts. But at this point I have not had the time to fiddle or explore any further.

SN # 929 1999

Back