Installing fairings on a 2002 Hayabusa

Schirm94M

Registered
I am not understanding how the side fairings mount to the front nose cone. I have read the owners manual, the maintenance manual, and tried looking through various videos on Youtube and apparently I am making this a lot harder than it needs to be. There are three bolts that are supposed to go through the nose cone and into the side fairing beneath it, but there are no helicoils for the bolts to screw in. The original fairing that came off were trashed and broken so I couldn't really see how they were installed originally.

20231007_162735.jpg

There are nuts that slide over the holes on the side fairing that you need. Also, the black inner panel fits into the hole on the frame about midway. With that inner panel in position the holes line up much better. Not too difficult.

So far in the pic I see that you are not aligned properly front to back. The back looks off by a lot. Have you removed the nose as part of this?

Are these aftermarket plastics?

So far in the pic I see that you are not aligned properly front to back. The back looks off by a lot. Have you removed the nose as part of this?

Are these aftermarket plastics?
It will fit right if I hold it. I was having problems trying to hold it and take a picture so I let it hang there.

There are nuts that slide over the holes on the side fairing that you need. Also, the black inner panel fits into the hole on the frame about midway. With that inner panel in position the holes line up much better. Not too difficult.
I am glad you said something. I missed those on the original fairing. Having the right parts makes it things a lot easier.

Back