Installed new undertail and now gauges don't work?

Sithor

Registered
I just installed a new Rumble concepts undertail but while installing it I would turn the bike on just to test the brake and parking lights on it. Well after doing this a few times on a bike that hasn't been ridden since last fall the bike started losing battery power. I tried starting it and the bike would almost turn over and just not quite. On the third try the gauges stopped coming on and the undertail stopped working.

I then jump started the bike and it runs perfect, the battery even has enough juice to start the bike up on it's own however nothing lights up or moves at all on the gauge cluster and the undertail doesn't light up either. The headlights still work. I'm just wondering if it could be a fuse of some sort. PLEASE HELP!

Check the fuse panel under the upper left side inner (right below the gauge cluster on the left) and see what is going on in there... I would bet it is a blown fuse(s)

Thanks for your help and yes it was just the fuse to the signals. Once replaced everything started working.

Glad it worked out - fuses are easy!

Back