Input needed

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey gang, My new store is getting ready to open soon. www.chicoecocars.com our flag ship will be GEM cars ( all electric, street legal golf cart type cars www.gemcar.com )

HOWEVER, I am lookin for alt transport as well.

Sooooooo My question is would you buy one of these ? :

Click here

triac_electric_car_side.jpg

Click on the link above, all electric goes 70 mph and 120 mile range on 1 charge.

Price about $20K

NOW ! Before u freek at that, my market would be those Green Calif type folks and u never put gas in it ! Just about $1-$2 per charge = 120 miles!

Hell For commuting purpose I buy one only problem is down here in Texas finding an outlet to plug it in to.

I would if gas got higher. Sorry, but the bottom link does not work. Does it have A/C?

Not practical (for me anyway). Too expensive for what it is. I can buy Chevy Aveo and fill it up for the rest of it`s life ($11k difference will cover gas)

3 wheeler is considered to be a motorcycle, HOV lanes a big plus.
thumb_up.gif

I hope we move this way (battery/solar/Hydro)...but there are too many big trucks around in Texas for me to feel safe in a small car.

For Cali folks...College folks...gated communities...congested commuters....etc. I think it would suit them fine.

Not practical (for me anyway). Too expensive for what it is. I can buy Chevy Aveo and fill it up for the rest of it`s life ($11k difference will cover gas)

3 wheeler is considered to be a motorcycle, HOV lanes a big plus.
thumb_up.gif
Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'm sure if I would be a canidate for one because I dont commute but maybe. Also I am not very good at math but what would be the break even point? If gas goes to $5-$6 or more per gal? If it cost $1-$2 per charge and you can go 120 miles? Electric can go up also but with solar power to your home and business more affordable than ever before I dont see electric keeping price pace with oil & gas. Not to mention it looks like fun for twistie roads ...

So math eople ... if it cost twice as much as a Chevy Aveo how many miles would I have to drive to make it pay off?

$4.25 gas vs 5 KWH per charge

I appreciate everyones input

No i wouldn't, going with the GM volt or the fuel celled equinox. Good luck with the venture
beerchug.gif

Why do alt fuel vehicles have to look so silly? Maybe something like this...

Alt fuel with style

I would be into more alt fuel vehicles if the situation was right and I didn't have Benny Hill music in my head everytime I looked at one.

The main drawback is there is no fiscal savings just yet for them. Good luck on the new business. I still see quite a few of those old Honda Insight's up here in Seattle. Some probably over 10 years old and still "zapping" along!
beerchug.gif

Back