In Need

Revvv

Registered
I know, this should likely be in the "Wanted" section, but it's not in regard to anything even closely related to motorcycles. I'll take my chances here. If I'm wrong someone will pick this thing up and throw it into the right room.

egitarre77.gif
OK, I have been playing bass and guitar for years. In fact, I have all of the guitar equipment I need. However, I don't have the bass equipment that I am required to have for a few shows coming up. I have a 90watt Hartke B900 that does great in very small settings and for practice, that's it.

Does anyone here have a head and a set of cabs they are willing to let go for "CHEAP"? I'm not picky at this time in terms of the head as long as it will push a set of good cabs.

For the cab though I need at least a 4X10. A 6X10, or 8X10 would also work depending upon the price. What I would really like is a 1X15 cab for bottom end with a 4X10 stacked on top for some punch.

By the way, I am playing a variety of music. Everything I do is considered "Contemporary Christian", but the music styles vary from Rock, Metal, Blues, Jazz, a little Funk, and even some Pop stuff. Basically I play stuff you would hear when listening to "Third Day", "New Song", "Newworldson", "POD", "Skillet", "DC Talk", "Toby Mac", ect.

C'mon, I know someone has some bass equipment just lying around that needs to get out and get some exercise.
egitarre77.gif

egitarre77.gif

Get ahold of runeight. He plays but just a heads up, his equipment is top dollar only
beerchug.gif

Get ahold of runeight.  He plays but just a heads up, his equipment is top dollar only
beerchug.gif
Generally my equipment is the best available too. Right now I am running short on that green paper stuff. Unfortunately I am with the majority of America at the moment. I am still trying to adjust to the fuel prices.

I will give Run a try in a couple of days. Before I do though I want to see who responds. You never know, Run may respond on his own and have a deal that is better than I would have imagined.

I must be a true Redneck. I read the title and immediatly presumed you meant Bass FISHING gear.
rofl.gif

That was a good grin to get the day going.

Sam is correct. I have an amp head and cabs. The problem is if I want to sell it or not.
laugh.gif

I don't use it. Have not turned it on in years. Another problem is shipping. Although I have the orginal boxes it's still big stuff.
wowold.gif

Have you tried online? I'm out of the loop myself.Usually hard to beat when they offer free shipping.

Ampeg 1/15 cab on bottom and a 2/10 on top.

100_0038_r1.jpg

Orginal Fender Bassman, 50 watt all tube amp. 1966 orginal rebuilt by Vintage Amplifiers in New York. John is a
cool.gif
cat. Have extra set of tubes.

100_0040.jpg

I'm guessing around 10 hours total play time.

100_0039_r1.jpg
100_0037_r1.jpg

Nice stuff..won't give it away. Cabinets are around but the amp head is rare and brought up to specs. No, will not sell the head seperate.
winkold.gif

Also have a Gretsch Acoustic for sale. Completly set up from my Luthier in Las Vegas. Rare Acoustic Bass.

Old pics before we brought it up to spec.

d8_3.jpg
14_3.jpg
e9_3.jpg

r8

Run, that's nice stuff. Cool toys.

If you do decide to sell let me know. I wouldn't ask you to separate the head, but if you wanted to only let the cabs go, I could very well be interested.

I have been looking around, and I have found a lot of gear out there that I would like to get a hand on. My only issue right now has to do with $$$. I know that $2000 doesn't sound like a lot of money, for some of us that is just an exhaust. However, $2000 for new gear right now is holding me back and I am looking for some used toys. That wouldn't, and shouldn't be a problem, but I have to get some equipment fairly quick to help me get a couple gigs done. I don't normally play Bass, but I have been playing more and more lately. I have to fill in for a group (sorry, I can't tell who yet) that will be recording soon and will also be on a 28 city tour. I just happened to be their first choice and I am doing whatever I can to jump at the chance.

I hate being broke. That's why I chose to NOT take the route as a musician in life. Now things are coming full circle and I am playing again.

John's right about the shipping. Bought an Ampeg amp off him last year and the shipping was outrageous and we used the cheapest method available

I expect that shipping for 2000 plus miles would be a little expensive, but I'm sure it would be worth it.

Run, that's nice stuff. Cool toys.

If you do decide to sell let me know. I wouldn't ask you to separate the head, but if you wanted to only let the cabs go, I could very well be interested.
I looked a little on line today and most sites offer free shipping. We could swing a deal but the cost to ship would not offset buying new. Maybe save a few dollars however you would have to price it out to your zip code.

I looked for the Ampeg 2 by 10 cab and no one had one.
wowold.gif
The 1 by 15 is around $380 if not mistaken. I have been eyeing the one below.
thumb_up.gif

Cabs are an easy choice. It's the amp head that matters. I'm not a solid state fan. Vintage Fender tone is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Understand the money thing but keep in mind hauling this stuff around.

r8

549619.jpg

Back