In desperate need of tuning in or near san antonio, tx!!! Please help

Go Go

Registered
Hello everyone,

Introduction:
My name is Diego, but I'm better known as GoGo. I have been around the org for a while but never had the need to post.

Issue:
Before the newb bashing, please read my whole post. I am fully aware of the obvious answer, of Johnny Cheese. Well, I've been having a really hard time getting a hold of him. So, I need a Plan B.

Here's my situation.

I recently purchased a first Gen Hayabusa. Let me say this may or may not be related but the bike is running extremely rich. Its unbearable to sit next to it at a light. Find myself cutting the ignition off until the light turns green. The bike runs great at both acceleration and deceleration. The problem is when I am trying to hold a constant speed. The bike stumbles and jerks pretty bad.

What I have done so far:
The bike came with a Power Commander 3. I figured I removed it to see if I saw a difference and nothing... I took it to a shop and they noticed that the ECU has been previously tuned by the main man Johnny Cheese. We tried using a stock ECU and the bike wouldn't start. Threw some kind of Cam Sensor Check Engine Code. We checked and it seems like the bike has cams.

So that's where I am at. The bike is clearly off tune. The ECU is flashed. Where can I have it re-tuned, preferably local?

Thanks for reading...

I'll throw a pic to formally introduce myself.

1_zpsewywnyya.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you contacted Johnny Cheese? If he tuned it before then he is familiar with that bike and he is a bad ass tuner.

Have you contacted Johnny Cheese? If he tuned it before then he is familiar with that bike and he is a bad ass tuner.

I have tried for a couple of months. At first, he wasn't taking appointments due to water damage from a big rain we had. He asked for me to call back after July. Now, there's no answer at all.

So you did try a stock ECU without the power commander and the bike wouldn't start? That is basically a stock bike, no reason why it wouldnt start...unless something else is wrong.

So you did try a stock ECU without the power commander and the bike wouldn't start? That is basically a stock bike, no reason why it wouldnt start...unless something else is wrong.

Yes, the shop tried a different ECU and the bike wouldn't start. I will try it again myself and see what exactly it is that it's doing... but I need to get it tuned ASAP.

Back