im so strong...

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
when i was putting the buell pegs on this afternoon, I completely shattered a socket and also snapped the bolt holding the kickstand switch on.

funny_chinese_strong_man.jpg

those japanese who built my bike are strong little buggers!!!

gonna fix it all tomorrow :p, it just got late and the mariners game was about to let out, so i needed to get out of there.

:poke: u dont need to mess with the kickstand or kickstand bolt or switch bolts to change your foot pegs..so how did u do that? only thing u needed to do was remove a circlip (c-clip)

too much forearm and wrist application to the wrenching?:laugh:

I have to concur, a circlip, and a small screw driver to hold the spring and it's a done deal....what were you trying to take off ????.....you know the kickstand bolt and the kick stand switch both have lock nuts on the back side right ????.......the allen bolts on the rear sets aren't tough........but I digress, they don't have to be removed. Are we talking about the adjustment on the rear brake switch ????.....

:poke: u dont need to mess with the kickstand or kickstand bolt or switch bolts to change your foot pegs..so how did u do that? only thing u needed to do was remove a circlip (c-clip)

This is what I was thinking. ???

Just proves that after drinking all night one shouldnt work on their bike !

Sorry Tony, I couldnt resist ! :beerchug:

hahah, now everything thinks i cant work on a bike!! DAMN IT!!!
I was just adjusting the shifter lever
I was actually trying to loosen the bolt on the shift shaft lever (splined shaft)... the bolt was starting to strip with a box wrench on it, so i figured lets be safe and get a socket on it (this is when i broke the first socket)... well to get a socket on it you have to move the kick stand switch.. welllll, that didnt go so well.

its all good =) ...oh and p.s. buell peg = awesomeness

:poke: box end wrench would have worked fine...and you pull the bolt 3/4 way out and you can remove the shifter from the spline

Back