I'm improving 10.68 @ 130

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
ok,, got a chance to run about 7 passes at the strip last night (that makes 11 total 1/4 mile runs on ANY bike). My busa is a totally stock 01 (well OK I took the reflectors, and stickers off) no TRE, no cans, no airbox.. nuffin'. I am a poor married man with a baby.. so no mods.. i'm lucky to keep it in tires.. haha.

anyway... I ran some crappy 11's,, then finally started getting calmed down and hit two 10.8's in a row.. then a 10.7, then a 10.68 @ 130.

Obviously my 60' is a little slow (1.8).. but I can't figure out why I'm not hitting higher speeds.. comparing with a gsxr1000 that was there i'm coming off the line harder/faster with a better 60' but he's still picking up 6-7mph on the big end... 137-138mph at a slow e/t.

any suggestions?

god I love drag racing.. if I didn't love twisties so much i'd already be setting this puppy up for draggin' full time.

oh.. i should have said that before last night the best i'd done was 11.05 @ 130

i can't seem to get over 130 even though the e/t is dropping pretty decently.

oh.. don't start talkin' about mods... i'm atleast going to get close to the full potential of the bike stock before I start spending money on stuff to make it faster..

Your mph will probably not change too much. Just keep hamerin' away at you 60 and 330 times. You'll probably get it down to low tens ( I got 10.02 @ I think 136mph) before you lose your mind and your money on mods!!!

What is your 330' & 1/8-mile time/ET?

How are you shifting?

How high are you reving the bike? 11,000 indicated?

Your MPH is way low unless you weight over 250lbs.

Josh
blues.gif

this particular run looks like this

R/t - .363
60' - 1.85
330' 4.69

1/8 6.98
mph 106

1000 8.98

1/4 10.68
mph 130.3

I'm not skiiiinny dude.. but i'm not 2fiddy either. about 215 suited I'd guess.

as best as I can remember i'm trying to shift right at redline but I figure i'm just a touch early.. say 10,800 or 10,900

uhm.. shifting w/o the clutch.

I bet I weigh 200 suited and your times should be low 10's easy. I'm 1.9 60' and I run consistant 10.4's.

a 1.8 60' should put you in the 10.3's for sure.
rock.gif

maybe i'm short shiftin more than i think or something... .. I feel like i'm about to eat the gauges i'm tucking in so hard... so I don't think it's that..

surely i'm not gettin full throttle..

man i'd pee my pants if I hit 10.3 haha.

you're loosing accleration somewhere between the 330' and 1/8th

here is my best run of last weekend

r/t: 0.632
60': 1.902
330: 4.720
1.8: 6.935
mph: 111.34
1000: 8.831
1/4: 10.450
mph: 138.97

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085022247 -->

Both of you are loosing all your time from the start!  You need to get the clutch out quicker and wide open throttle sooner!  What I finally did was hold it @ 4,000 and just start letting the clutch out quicker(slip it, don't pop it) until it wheelied and controlled it from there.

Once you get the launch down your 330' times will drop and then you will really start knocking your ET down.  Also make sure you are taking your RPM's up high enough.  My tach indicates 11,200(10,800 actual) before the limiter kicks in.  So take it as high as you can(without hitting the limiter) before you shift.  The higher you rev it, the higher your MPH.  Also make sure you are shifting fast enough and then getting back to wide open throttle.  That could be hurting you also!

This is one of my old "bad" slips...

1.716  60'
4.400  330'
6.565  1/8 et
113.62 1/8 mph
10.046 1/4 et
138.34 mph

...you can break 9.9's stock!
wink.gif

I wish you were local so I could watch you guys and see what you are doing.

Let me know how things go.

Josh
cool.gif

I almost forgot, make sure your foot shift lever is adjusted propely. You should barely be moving your foot to shift. Also keep your foot snug against it before you shift, kind of preload it so the shift is immediate!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085067550 -->

yup. i know there is time to be made up off the line... which is just gonna take some practice.. but looking at fstbusa's time i'm basically right there with him till the 1/8th.. but he's carrying more mph for some reason.. maybe I do need to work on shifting a little better or something.. i dunno.. I don't remember much about the shifts other than i'm not using the clutch... will investigate.. hmm..
rock.gif

got-busa I know my 60' needs to drop but I can't complain that was my first time at the track...

I am planning on going again for test n tune this next sunday. Got a strap and I"m going to strap the front to see if that helps also.

surely i'm not gettin full throttle..
You gotta pin that thing wide open as soon as possible, and keep it pinned. If you preload the shifter with your foot, you should only need to snap your wrist off/on the throttle a bit to shift - no need to go all the way closed to shift. Wide open the rest of the time.

haha.. i thought that was what I was doin' to be honest...

Maybe i'm not getting it twisted all the back to wide open or something going back tuesday weather permitting and i'll whats up hopefully.

well it's the long lost TNJ.. whats up man?
When you & the bike gonna be ready to come down and show me how to really go fast?

Bryan,
I'm working on it, then you will have someone you can beat. Chris and Jamie will run this thur if you are free.

yeah that sounds great.. I was planning on sneaking down tuesday but I'll def wait till thurs if you guys are gonna come down.

even if I am gonna get severely embarrased by both of em' haha.

I lonch my 40th annv.at 4,000 getting to full thtl.asap
slip the clutch very little it all takes time.
When shifting roll off thtl.only 2mm while pulling up on shifter
with out clutch,it is vey sudden and smooth.
Also pull your cans off.It will drop off1-2 tenths
I do speek from experence.
60' 1.569
330' 4.189
mph 115.38
660' 6.359
990' 8.196
mph 139.75
1320' 9.855

Back