im going for speed

jdamato

Registered
well i am going to have a try at breaking 200mph. my bike has been geared/ setup for drag but hell why not see how fast i can get her. I just trimed up my front fender and got it to fit, put my stock sprockets on it, and i ordered a top speed de restrictor from mr smith. The only thing left to do is im gonna put a 55 series tire on it and i suppose ill be hitting limiter right at 200. Im a small guy and can tuck really good, my bike runs really strong and hits the 186mph limiter very quickly(with the mirrors on) so im super confident she will get me there and im really excited. any suggestions from the 200 mph guys? here is a picture with the fender i just put on.

DSC01653.jpg

Best of luck, the Gen II is suppose to go 193 stock. Are those Yosh slip-ons ? Been a hand full of guys, some of them large busting 200 with a Brocks pipe and tune. With ECU editing you can remove the top end limit. Best of luck.

good luck...is there a better picture of your front fender? i like to take a better look.:thumbsup:

Take the mirrors off and crawl under the paint.
Had same set up(55) as you but a brocks duel ct, with supplied map,no custom tune. 202.4 no wind 206.4 tail wind,gear limited, hitting the limiter repeatly for over a 1/4 mile(1 1/2 mile event). May very will come down to your exhaust as the brocks has been proven over & over.

Actually I was at stock ride height + the 55 rear.Lowered should also help you out a bit.You will be right there,see no reason you will not pull it off.

Also had a double bubble screen and seemed to have no neg. effect on speed(may have helped hide me better).Do not know if any one has concluded that the stock screen makes a pos. difference.Have heard this is the case.
Not sure the fender will help as most dedicated LSR guys(not me) go to a bigger,more aero fender.

Gps will be close to,or accurate,why not do a timed event(safer) for definitive proof of achievement?
Goodluck,enjoy.:thumbsup:

Edit-Forgot to mention I had stock rev limit,extended may help you too.:beerchug:

My bike has always had the fender off because it hit the radiator, i just took the mud flap part off and took off about 1/2 inch from the rear of the fender. My exhaust is full R77 but i did a good bit of work to the merge collector, stock it has over 1/4 of an inch of pipe disturbing flow in the collector where they weld it together. i just smoothed it all out and i also shortened the muffler. Im gonna take the mirrors off and put the hump on, i have everything but the tire. cant wait to have a go at it, for so long i have wanted to be able to say i have gone 200!

One major show stopper - You have the wrong color! Silver will break 200 mph no problem :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You guys see what I did there?

Take the mirrors off and crawl under the paint.
Had same set up(55) as you but a brocks duel ct, with supplied map,no custom tune. 202.4 no wind 206.4 tail wind,gear limited, hitting the limiter repeatly for over a 1/4 mile(1 1/2 mile event). May very will come down to your exhaust as the brocks has been proven over & over.

Actually I was at stock ride height + the 55 rear.Lowered should also help you out a bit.You will be right there,see no reason you will not pull it off.

Also had a double bubble screen and seemed to have no neg. effect on speed(may have helped hide me better).Do not know if any one has concluded that the stock screen makes a pos. difference.Have heard this is the case.
Not sure the fender will help as most dedicated LSR guys(not me) go to a bigger,more aero fender.

Gps will be close to,or accurate,why not do a timed event(safer) for definitive proof of achievement?
Goodluck,enjoy.:thumbsup:

Edit-Forgot to mention I had stock rev limit,extended may help you too.:beerchug:

not related but \nn/ on the queensryche

^ Kitchener you got to explain that cryptic font??? I am sure it is probably:thumbsup: but I cannot wrap my head around it.:banghead: Probably to obvious for me:laugh::whistle:

My 2nd favorite band ,behind your fellow countrymen, RUSH :bowdown:

Are you attempting this at a 1-mile event or just WFO for a couple miles?

How much do you weight/size?

It should be close, but the 55 is a must with stock gearing....otherwise it won't happen!

If I remember correctly I was bumping rev limiter at 1 mile mark at 192-193 mph on stock tire stock gearing. Grab a 41 tooth and plenty of room and you shouldn't have a problem. 42 tooth might get it but I'm too lazy to find out with gearing calculator from my phone. If your trying for within 1 mile that's a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 3 mile stretch of good road by my house, it's in the middle of farm land in florida. Im 5"9 130lbs and cun tuck completly under the wind screen. I put the de restrictor on and tried it out, it was bouncing limiter in 6th with thr mirrors on, so now im just waiting for my tire to wear out so i can get a new one. I'm gonna go with the 190/55 pilot power. And r1d3on3 im pretty sure i saw your youtube videos of the texas mile?, that busa sounds sick.

Back