I'm going ahead with the photo contest

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! If anyone wants the high rez shot of this, it makes an awsome screen desktop. Let me know.

beerchug.gif

OK First, I gotta say I found 300Busa's Shot of his SRT-4 to be an excellent photo worthy of print. Color Balance, Composition, exposure, all spot on and looks great...

So Honorable mention for an SRT-4.
beerchug.gif
Probably the least (snapshoty) and best polished photo of this contest.

63366337cx8.jpg

big jim, Another Honorable, I like the Shot. Composed, has some Feel to it.
thumb_up.gif

post_12_45517_P3040170.JPG

OK, Powers739... You wanted it bad, you posted up many fantastic photos. And you are a solid runner up!

The one that stood out to me though was the Causeway. A simple shot but fantastic depth, excellent composition, exposure, etc. It's a natural leading your eye through the image towards the back of the bridge. Stark cold steel, the futility of mans creations when faced with the inevitable march of vast and unknowable chronological scales.
thumb_up.gif
And it was cool.

The contest was all yours, technically speaking it should still be most likely... Times Square, The Guamanian Island shot, and the dam. All very nice photos.
beerchug.gif

BUT

DSC06213.jpg

Technically it's not the strongest but it's well composed, the lighting is dramatic, and capturing the motion of the quad and the sand is really..."Cool" (to use a technical term.)

It's the motion, the mood, the lighting, and the subject that got me. I can feel the butterflies creeping up when I look at the shot. Simply Put, I love it and I want a bigger one to print!

And hell, that's what did it, it's exciting.
thumb_up.gif

So Powers739 you're a solid 2nd over all,
goodboy.gif
and I look forward to seeing more of your shots! You clearly have skills.

MsMeow takes this round...
clap.gif

I've been impartial, I've checked my decision over with my co-workers, and I will stand behind my decision. I believe that I have judged fairly.

I tweaked the contrast of many of the photos in PS as I was reviewing the shots, I liked this look.

This Shot by MsMeow is the winner!!!!

post_12_10079_Moving_Sand_Dune.JPG

Revlis - Thanks for the mention and I am going to be working on more shots within the next few week of different areas down here in Florida to sharpen the skills.
beerchug.gif

MsMeow - Congrats and well deserved.  
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the mention as well, Rev! I'm just a hack, but I do appreciate the compliments. One of these days I will share the underwater shots....

Awww, just razzin you...sort of
rock.gif
CBX, your shots were a dichotomy in some respects. The redwoods shot is a perfect example.

Composition was excellent and the subject was good, but the image lacks color depth and sharpness.

It's my favorite, and is a cool shot, as are the others, the Golden gate is good but it's the same thing, a little low def, and little softly focused.

Not even saying that it's incorrect or bad, I just found em' off a little. It was a subjective judging sort of thing. Not to be taken too seriously.

I'm betting they are scans from an actually photo?

Nothing personal Bro, and I am certainly not saying to anyone that I'm the all knowing Oz of photography cause I sure as hell am not.

I'm much more like toto..
laugh.gif

post_12_33426_IMG013__Medium_.JPG

Back