Im BORED: 2980-5000 channels "FREE"

Two projectors in use.  The one pictured is a 10 year old Sharp Vision, my 3rd projector in life.  Havnt had to do anything with it except dust it off.  Works fine.  Pictured is a 120" screen.

2nd projector is a Sanyo PLV Z4 HD projector. It's 1/2 the size and on a 133" wide screen.  Both screens electric.

Components pictured are my 1988 rack system "tweeked" from my highschool erra.  I wanted to see how maximized an older system would work and sound.  Id pick it over many others in a heart beat.  It's a surround receiver w/seperate 20 band eq that I modified to control the side and rear surround sound channels.  More time than money!

There is a dvd recorder and a cd/dvd juke box that holds like 111 cd/dvds.  I wanted the 300 disk one but now just use one slot at a time.  Go figure.  Dual cassette deck, CD recorder, vcr etc.  Nothing special.  Whole house is wired into it.  Can control speakers in any room, multi source/sound in any room.  infered eyes/controlers in most every room.  Have all rooms w/tv's wired to all other rooms so I can sit in a room and see what someone else is watching on their tv (JR), by choosing a particular channel.  Can feed any source into any room and watch the same thing throught the house.  Have exterior cameras wired into the system, hit PIP and see all/any camera on any tv in the house.  Speakers again are from the rack system.  Just controlled better than stock.  On floor in center of screen is one of two servo controlled dual 12" subwoofers w/built in 250 watt amp.  2nd unit is behind couch.  Center channel is in ceiling above screen.  Notice grill removed in pic.  Side and rear surrounds are flush mounted in the tiles.  The entire ceiling is covered in dynomat material and then two layers of "carpet padding" from the local carpet installers.  They bring me the left over stuff from new installs.  Makes nice insulation material for sound going up thru floor.  Heavy duty tiles keeps absorbtion down to min.  Pronto custom remote controls entire system.  Glass shelves with all hidden cables just makes the unit look impressive but it's a run of the mill.

2nd system in progress is much cleaner, newer and much much nicer.  Have martin logan for fronts and center speakers, working on a clean listening room.  Will probably move it all to the theatre and update it but hate to take it out and mess with it.  Thats why it's so old now.  

pictured Furniture has ceramic transducers attached to them so the furniture reacts with the film.  In jurasic park when dynasouir walks, water on movie vibrates so does couch.

Just ordered some home theatre individual electric chairs that will have transducers in them, as well as back massagers etc, to replace white couch.  Will have seating for 6 in comfort.   Plan to buid a snack counter area w/popcorn machine built in this spring.  Just need to get back to work full time.  Im an installer on the side!

JD:D

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136579737 -->

That's awesome! Holy cow, I can't let the hubby see that! We'd be broke...

cool.gif

JD I have a couple of these laying aroud the house. Was wandaring if I could use'um for this. I am an electrical guy by trade and alway modifiying something tivo, xbox, my comp and so on. I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.
100_0052.jpg
100_0054.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">[/QUOTE]

NickSM welcome to the boards. The single dish you have there will work fine. The only difference between your single dish and the large one on the pole I have is that Im getting "three" sats thru one dish. If you put up three of those dishes you could easily get the same three.

With just that ONE dish you can get about 350 channels. Depending where you are, locals, general cable type stuff usa, a& E etc, 3/4 all the premie's and pp, and the adu stuff. (strong forearm)

Tuning isnt hard just patience is needed.

JD

tuning the dish is pointing it correctly at the sat. The signal from the sat is about the width of a dime. You have to put the dish into it's path. Cant see it so it's a little tough.

JD

Hey JD,
I have huge Sharp projector, works fine.. Do you want it?
Free for you.

XG-E1200U

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136607775 -->

IMG_4518.JPG

Vic actually man you are a blessing in disquise.  We are looking for a projector for my church to setup overheads for some of the hearing challenged.  That would work out great.  Ill even pay for the shipping. As I recall that projector was made in 1996 and weighs just over 30 lbs. Im suprised the bulb still works in it or does it? either way if packed right would make a wonderful item for the church.

Gimmie call or pm me if you dont have the number still.

jD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136610507 -->

Back