If Last year was the Silly Season? MGP Spoiler

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
What's the 2011 Moto GP season going to be know as? Stoner throws a punch on track and Fluff and Puff takes out Pedrosa re breaking his collar bone. His Championship potential is gone this year and I wonder if not his career.

In fact it's been a tense year all the way around. Josh Herrin at Daytona, Biaggi in WSBK, and the on going disputes in Moto GP.

Is the pressure on these guys to perform or lose their rides starting to get to them?

heh, you may be right. Only so many profesional motorcycle racing jobs out there, let alone ones that can actually pay the bills.

Simoncelli needs to be pulled off the track for a round or two imo.

heh, you may be right. Only so many profesional motorcycle racing jobs out there, let alone ones that can actually pay the bills.

Simoncelli needs to be pulled off the track for a round or two imo.

I think HONDA might have a COMING TO JESUS talk with him real soon :rulez8bn: :corner:

And as far as pressure, well that just goes with the job. You don't make the kind of $$$$$$$ at their level without DEMANDS of Performance EVERY RACE.
And Excuses are NOT TOLERATED for very long. IT'S a Business, not a CLUB RACE. So, I have NO sympathy for any of them.

And the AMA. well that's another story now. The REAL professionalism and Quality of Race's has left with the incompetence of the NEW Race Organization. I mean, SBK and MOTO 2 is more viewer exciting than the AMA. And let's face it, the reason they are shown at 11 PM / 12 AM on speed is because that is the cheapest TIME SLOTS for advertisers. Really, if that wasn't the reason, why not show the races at 7 PM or 8 PM Eastern instead of CAR CRAZY

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

"Stoner throws a punch on track"? When/where? I didn't see that....?

"Fluff and Puff" :rofl: - Never heard that before. He seems to be riding on the edge of recklessness, but I've seen Rossi do the same. Too bad about Pedrosa he didn't deserve what happened to him.

I think Stoner is the man to beat this year...he's been consistently on the pole/front row. I want to see him and Mr. Yamaha go at it.

I thought the AMA race was pretty good this week. Suzuki seems to be more competitive there.

im really starting to get tired of motogp all the way around. its went form 25 or so bikes to 20 now to 17 starting the races and the only ones with a real chance at the front are the factory bikes. no one can afford to run in the MEGAdollar class anymore.
rider talent is being weeded out by who has the best ELETRONICS. totaly taken the rider out of it. not sayin anyone can do it but if you put any rider on that level on a factory bike they will be near the top.
as far as im concerned lets go back to the two strokes and find out who can really ride. not just spend the most money.
i personally like the aggressiveness on the track. makes the races a little interesting anyway.
my worthless .02

For what was shaping up to be a great year,I am dissapointed. Hair boy was always reckless,but I thought he may cool it a bit at the big boy level.:whistle:
His talent is evident this year(honda also), as it was in the 250 class. Its just, that early in the race and only being passed the prior corner,take your time getting back past!

He even said Pedrosa was having issues,so why push it? If he had also been take out also, I would not have much issue with the incident.My first reaction was that he was way out of line,replay is a littlle less clear?, still feel he could have waited.:whistle:

What bugged me most was when he repassed Spies after the ride thru, come on Ben,What-up? :poke:

One of Stoner's many pet peeves is other riders going slow during warm up, practice and qualifying on the racing line. Pisses him off that they wait for him to go by then get a tow off him. De Puniet got in his way and Stoner rode up along side and punched him in the shoulder.

Moto GP is a Prototype class where the manufactures can develop and test new technology. Yeah it's expensive but that's the nature of that game. The big benefit is that the technology trickles down to street bikes we can purchase. Winning consistently in any racing series is always due to all the pieces fitting together. Rider, machine and team. Everything has to come together at the same time.

I'm wondering if Yamaha's soft start may be due to not having a sponsor, resulting in a reduced budget. Might be they are not developing the bike aggressively this year and are spending their money on next year's 1000's. Honda wants a 800cc championship and it seems they have pulled out all the stops to get it, except for Fluff and Puff.

I think Ben's issue is more mental than anything else. He just doesn't seem to push very hard. He ought to be able to get the factory bike further in front of Edwards than he does.

Looked like Pedrosa was having and issue in that corner and was caught off guard when Marco stuffed his bike in there. Marco left absolutely no room for error and it turned out Pedrosa needed some. Marco needs to be reigned in some, but Pedrosa contributed some in his get off.

So THAT's the fine they were talking about on Stoner....any video out there on the incident?

so that's the fine they were talking about on stoner....any video out there on the incident?

Casey-Stoner-Randy-de-Puniet-punch.jpg

Casey-Stoner-Randy-de-Puniet-punch.jpg

Back