I have the luckiest daughter

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Check this out, to my daughter who's already done a ride around the track in a 2 seat IRL car and a lap or 2 with Mario Andretti in a specially prepped Audi.

Erin:

You are all set! We have done a lot of things out here but this tops them all. We did this a few years ago and rocked a lot of people’s worlds.

If you thought the two-seat IRL ride was thrilling, this will absolutely blow your mind!

Your seat is all reserved!

Thanks!

--------------------------

John Cardinale

VP of Media/Community Relations

Infineon Raceway

Highways 37 &121, Sonoma, CA 95476

wk: 707-933-3907

cell: 707-334-9805

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:13 PM
To: John Cardinale
Subject: Re: Media Invited for Two-Seat Thrill-Ride Around Infineon Raceway

Hi John~
I would LOVE to RSVP to this event. How exciting. I grew up on motorcycles with my dad (who just bought a 2006 Hayabusa) and love to ride. Please let me know if you still have room and what other information you need from me. THANKS!
5’9â€, 150 pounds, Size 8.5 men's shoes (bad right ankle, so bigger is better than smaller) and probably a medium glove.
~Erin
Media Members Invited for Ride Around

Infineon Raceway on Suzuki GSX-R1000

WHAT:                      

Working media members are invited to take a ride at speeds approaching 140 mph around the twisting 12-turn, 2.22-mile road course on a two-seat Suzuki GSX-R1000 motorcycle.

WHERE/WHEN:        

Infineon Raceway, Thursday, May 18, between noon-1 p.m.  This event is being held in conjunction with the Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown, presented by Supercuts, May 19-21, at Infineon Raceway.

WHY:

To give media members a greater understanding and appreciation for motorcycle road racing and what it’s like to traverse the Sonoma Valley road course at speeds approaching 140 mph.

WHO:                        

Team Hammer, Inc., which races as Team Roadracingworld.com Suzuki on the AMA circuit, will provide the two-seat rides. The team has been racing for 26 consecutive years, longer than any other professional motorcycle road racing team in the country. Its many achievements include the 2000 AMA 750cc Supersport championship, and the 2001 AMA Formula Xtreme title.

ABOUT THE RIDER:

Chris Ulrich will be your pilot on the two-seat thrill-rides around the circuit. Ulrich has been road racing since 1994 and has eight podium finishes in his AMA career, as well as two AMA victories. His father, John Ulrich, is the team owner.

ABOUT THE BIKE:

Your ride will take place on a GSX-R1000, which was clocked at 198 mph at Daytona International Speedway last year. You should expect speeds near 140 mph at Infineon Raceway. This is the same bike Chris Ulrich used during the 2005 AMA season, the only changes being the addition of a passenger seat and footpegs. The engine produces 180 horsepower, and weighs 370 pounds (with a full tank of $15-a-gallon racing fuel!).

Man, why couldn't I have been a sportswriter???

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147215084 -->

very lucky... I'd suggest pulling her personal info out of the post though
wink.gif
ya know in case someone is lurking and a little weird
wow.gif

very lucky... I'd suggest pulling her personal info out of the post though
wink.gif
  ya know in case someone is lurking and a little weird
wow.gif
I don't see any personal info on there except for her work email addy. The ph numbers are for Infineon raceway. Man, if only I'd studied sports journalism in college.....

Yup. Chris Ulrich lives near here in Lake Elsinore, CA. When AMA came to Fontana a couple weekends ago, he invited local radio station DJ's to ride 2 up with him at Cali Speedway. One DJ said he "S*&t his pants throughout the whole experience." When asked how fast the two rode on the main Nascar straight, Chris replied "oh. only 160 MPH and that's not even close to race speed."

I think the AMA ride along bike is a Superstock spec bike. I've only seen him in the Superstock races and not Superbike (he does SB occasionally).

Back