Idle Problem

waldrop1994

Registered
Can someone tell me why is it when the radiator fan comes on while sitting and idling at normal(1000-1100), it pulls the idle down to about 800-900. When the radiator fan goes off it returns to normal until it comes on again and it repeats itself.

Any way to make it less noticeable though? Shouldn't make me stop what I'm doing and look to see if it's gonna stall out.

Any way to make it less noticeable though? Shouldn't make me stop what I'm doing and look to see if it's gonna stall out.
Like Dadof3 said, if its cranking sluggish when starting you might have a dying battery, but honestly I never run my idle as low as yours. Bring your idle up to 1300 or so and it'll be all-round better....smoother low speed downshifts, better idle oil pressure, better charging etc. The busa gets a bit lopey at low idle speeds, like any cammy hot-rod engine :laugh:

I'd have the battery tested because the stator doesn't really load the engine. The amount of force required to generate voltage is constant, the regulator keeps it within a window. Of course the fan bearings could be going causing an excessive draw of current, You should be able to reach in a spin that puppy and check that. Time to do some troubleshooting. :dunno:

test your battery it could have a bad cell and always be trying to charge it or your charging system could need to be tested and your output could be too low to handle everything.. or a combination of both... when its running if you flip between low to high beam does anything dim for you?

Back