I won a race and set some new bests yesterday

Dennis

Registered
It was an interesting day. I won the bike race (only 8 bikes) on my trusty grey/black 2008. A friend gave me some MR12 race fuel to try. He said with no tuning it picked their bikes up .15 and a couple mph. It did the same for me. I went 8.69 @ 157 on pump gas, then with the MR12 I went 8.57 @ 158.78, so more than a tenth and almost 2 mph gain for me. The interesting thing was it gained most of the et in the 60'.

That was cool to go my new best on motor, so then I made a pass on my new bike, a full weight (except exhaust) blue/black 2008 that I just got a couple weeks ago. A buddy of mine had been running it during the day and I thought I'd try it out. Turns out that while it is 6" over it has the stock front sprocket on and a 45 in the back, so not much gearing. It runs through the 1/4 in 4th gear (rpm limit raised). My 60' was off due to the gearing and not being used to the bike, but that thing went 154 mph. I don't know where that came from. My buddy was going 152 on it but he weighs 35 pounds more than me.

I checked the DA when I got home and it was over 2500 all day, and over 2700 when I ran the blue bike.

This will probably go down as one of those magic days that lives as a motivator to carry on looking for the new bests.

IMG_20150817_200358067_zpsk01oqdtu.jpg

IMG_20150823_070305710_zpshbl5oz8u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 160 out of the shower, so probably 175 with all my gear on. The bike is fairly light though. A friend of mine went 1.29 on a stock motor Busa the same day and he weighs 195 out of the shower so he's for sure a better rider than me.

The blue bike is lowered with the basic three hole lowering links. I like the adjustable links that I have on my other bike better, but I'm using what it came with. I can't complain about the Muzzy exhaust - that's the best mph I've gone on a Busa set up like that.

Back