Drag racing set questions

upgradedbusa

Registered
Hi All,

Have some questions

New to dragging a bike but not to racing.

My bike is an '05 Gen 1 with stock wheel base. I just started last month and been trying to better my times. Bike makes good power but I can't go wot in 1st and part of second. (it's not on it's higher setting yet either)

My best time is 9.4@159.74. 60' sucks on this pass at 1.85. My best 60' is 1.70 so far.

I have the bike with Brocks gear, 3/4" in front and adjustable links rear 1". I also have a strap on it. I just ordered an MPS air sifter for it yesterday.

Any tips to get me in the 8's!?! That's my goal. I don't want to stretch it just yet as I like to keep it sleeperish

1. 60's can be for sure better
2. How low do you go?
3. Special way to leave whether it be on a launch control
4. anything welcome

Heres my bike

IGP_5529.jpg

Thanks in advance :)
Duane

9.40 @ 159? You must weigh 80 pounds or you've got a built motor! Practice getting the clutch out as quickly as possible and full throttle at the same time while maintaining a consistent rpm. I usually target between 5000-6000 rpms. If you can't go full throttle in first then you've got too much gear or you need wheelbase. Use the longest length on the Brocks lowering links. On a stock motor/wheelbase 2005 I went high 1.5's in the sixty foot with a 16 tooth front sprocket, stock rear. I'm sure with some practice I could do better today. Biggest thing is practice, practice, practice.

I'm with Dennis, something seems a bit off here. Then again I do hate skinny people, oh wait that's racist...
Keep at it, that 60 will drop for sure.

I'm with Dennis, something seems a bit off here. Then again I do hate skinny people, oh wait that's racist...
Keep at it, that 60 will drop for sure.

Whats off? I have a time slip and a video of the run. Video will be out next week since I did an interview and such. Skinny? 170 is skinny? LOL

Pic of bike is action shot although I can put more up. See the other thread I started in turbo section. It has a ton of pics of my bike and custom work.

:)

If you have instagram, I have my slip on there but video next week.

Oh, my air shifter came in today but missing a part in the package. arrgg!!

The pic doesn't show up for us. I just get a little red X. Maybe it shows up for you?

It seems off for a stock Gen-1. If it had a stock motor I would expect about a 9.90 in the low 140's with a 1.85 60' and your weight. Now if you have a healthy 1441 you could run your times.

The pic doesn't show up for us. I just get a little red X. Maybe it shows up for you?

It seems off for a stock Gen-1. If it had a stock motor I would expect about a 9.90 in the low 140's with a 1.85 60' and your weight. Now if you have a healthy 1441 you could run your times.

My bike has a stage 3 turbo on it. NOT STOCK! Just stock wheel base. Guess I missed that part?

I put my horsepower there, figured you picked up in that. :p

Bike has 2 maps at same boost but one is a leaner map but both on pump gas.

273 and 146 and 291 and 155

My pass I posted is still on my 273 since I'm getting used to the bike.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/turb...not-new-power-have-gen-1-a-6.html#post3163580

Turbo explains it!

I can't remember what I've done to my bike so no way I'll remember your other post. Old age catches up quick ... memory is the second thing to go.

Back