I WAS going to ask for tire recommendations...

likeapuma

Registered
I haven't been online to to Org in forever, between school, moving, and an upcoming new addition to the family, haven't found much time to surf the web!

Last night I meant to research/ask about tires for next season...never got to it.

Today I ended up getting rear ended @ a stoplight about .25 mile from college. Threw the bike into the car infront of me and I got tossed as well. No injuries, not even a scratch (thank God for gear!). Got a nice trip in a meat-wagon to be told I'd be sore for a few days.

I feel like it was my fault, since I should have been actively scanning my mirrors. Lapse of judgement/concentration I'd guess. So now it's a waiting game to see what the insurance adjuster says...if they total, probably no more motorcycle for awhile..as with alot of people, money is tight. On top of that, the wife never really loved the idea of motorcycles as much as I did (but she was coming around to it!) and with a kid on the way, it makes her more hesitant.

Either way, my riding season looks to be ending prematurely. I thank everyone on here for the vast amount of information and help everyone is always so willing to give. Don't ride faster than your guardian angel!

0914101104.jpg

0914101105.jpg

0914101105a.jpg

Dang sorry to hear, Glad you are okay.

sorry to hear about the loss. glad your okay. sounds like your gear saved your arse.

man, did it miss one piece of plastic? or external part?

wow so sorry to hear about that and see the damage. At least your okay. Not too many that get rear ended can say the same

I'd put my $$ on it being totaled.

When mine got stolen the plastics just got marked up, and they busted the pin that locks the bars, and they wanted to total it. But I took a check for the price that they total it at minus my deductible ($500.00) and fixed what I wanted .

Sorry to hear about this but I'm thankful that you had your gear on and will be ok after a few days. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh man that sucks and it is not your fault so don't beat yourself up .
You are very lucky to be alive and ok , kinda .
I was rear ended and car that hit me completely drove over me.
Say thanks to God and your guardian angel for being there for you .
My wife is same . She hates bikes and now that I crashed a few weeks ago the Cuban Dragon has been on the warpath .
If I speak she flames me :)
My kids are already 11 and 4 but really no different than your unborn .
I look at it like this . We are men. Whether it's fighting the bear outside the cave , climbing mountains or riding dangerous motorcycles we again are men and require adrenaline fixes and challenges to remind us we are men.
Without these or something we are no better than rocking chair veggies.
Cant live our lives trying to always avoid danger .
Just not my style .
Now am I jumping out of a plane with Skydivr ?
What, do I look stupid ?
:laugh:

Oh man that sucks and it is not your fault so don't beat yourself up .
You are very lucky to be alive and ok , kinda .
I was rear ended and car that hit me completely drove over me.
Say thanks to God and your guardian angel for being there for you .
My wife is same . She hates bikes and now that I crashed a few weeks ago the Cuban Dragon has been on the warpath .
If I speak she flames me :)
My kids are already 11 and 4 but really no different than your unborn .
I look at it like this . We are men. Whether it's fighting the bear outside the cave , climbing mountains or riding dangerous motorcycles we again are men and require adrenaline fixes and challenges to remind us we are men.
Without these or something we are no better than rocking chair veggies.
Cant live our lives trying to always avoid danger .
Just not my style .
Now am I jumping out of a plane with Skydivr ?
What, do I look stupid ?
:laugh:

That was funny :laugh: but true...:beerchug:

Sorry to hear that. The bike look mess up bad, But atleast you are ok. Bikes are replaceable, we are not. Glad u made it.

Wow...it seems the car hit you pretty hard. I'm glad you didnt have any injury. Really sorry it happened. Hate when things like this happen. How can a cager doesnt even see a bike right in front of them? Just stupid.

Well, it seems the bike will be totaled. Get the money and when you get a chance buy a new one. By the way, congrats on your soon to be new born :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Good to Hear your OK. Sorry about the Bike. Looks like a total, damage from front to back.

Glad it wasn't worse and you were not hurt. Sucks about the bike though. Hope they give you enough to replace it.

Thanks all. Bike is going to be totaled but I was told I can keep the bike for nothing? If it's true I'll attempt to make it a track bike or part it out if I can't. Unfortunatly I'm now typing with one hand as I found out I broke my wrist in the fall...I was just too stubborn to get it looked at before haha.

Are there any ways to see if the frame is bent/cracked? Or is it best to take to a shop for that? Also, would the engine take any damage from the exhaust gettin hit like that? Just wonderin what I have ahead of me. Good news is that the wife is cool with me having a garage ornament for awhile!

Back