I want to paint my torque arm

Cipher Complete

Registered
I want to paint my torque arm to match my swingarm and my black wheels (coming soon), I don't have the time to send it out for powder coat (or the money). Could I just give 'er the ol' rattle can job with satin black? What kind of prep will it need. If this is a repeat question I'm sorry.

Sand it with fine grit, clean the heck out of it and light coat it, then after about 15 minutes heavy coat it without making any runs.

If after time it flacks or peels, repeat the process, but use the proper primer for aluminum ?

Spray can, no primer!

DSC00005.JPG

Ive had good luck with duplicolor engine paint, and put it a pre heated the(electric) oven at 250 and let it cure and cool off over night. it will look coated and hold up a little better than most standard paint. prep with scotch bright scuffing pad. or sears sell a do it yourself powder coat kit you can cure it in your oven at home. It will stink up you kitchen for the night. My wife loves it when I do that. so I put an electric

Would it be a good idea to put a sealer on the paint, so it does not wear or chip easily. Or should it be ok by itself?

All my silver parts are done with Meyer Snow Flow paint (black) from a rattle can. It is made for the frame on my plow, it seems to be a little more durable than regular spray can stuff. The color is almost perfect. I use a fine paper to scuff the surface and put on like 3 coats 15-20 minutes apart. Best part is you can fix it if it does get scratched.

Back