I wanna rideeeeeeeeeeee...NOWWWWW

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone else just wanting to get out again? I haven't really ridden in a few months. Got my coming out of mothball maintenance coming up though, was wondering if people can give me some input. I spent the first half of last summer getting 1000 issues straightened out on my bike, and the other half riding as much as I can, not worrying about tuning or things I should do.

I bought the muzzy fan, was also planning on replacing both main radiator hoses since the bike is 10 years old. I am on Amsoil synthetic oil at this point plan on keeping it changing at 3k intervals.

Gonna get a new set of rubbers, leaning towards Pirelli Angels from what I am reading, will be good to get new rubbers that I know I can trust.

I am also going to rebuild my forks with fresh oil and seals, seems straight forward from what I read on the forum.

When swapping rear tire, also going to put in rear cush rubbers, aftermarket is the way to go if I recall?

Beyond that I need to set my bike up for my weight and for the riding style I like, I never did that all last season.

Going to have a dealership that I trust after being through a lot with them do a valve adjustment, engine is at ~40k, unsure of maintenance history. Also look at a speedo issue I have, I checked out the speedo sensor and all looks good so hoping it is something simple.

So my question to yall is, am I missing anything or thinking about something wrong? Bike is 11 years old now, possibly closer to 12. I did chain and sprockets last season. Also swapped injectors, stator, and rectifier. HIDs are in.

Thanks for all your input. :beerchug:

Did I mention I just wanna :race:

taking mine in tomorrow myself bro... new plugs, filter, amsoil, and V-Stacks!! Just need to custom order a little sunshine!!

Pirelli Angels are on the list as well, but I still have about 3,000 miles left before I need them. :thumbsup:

Speedo problem? Did you look into the "Healtech SpeedoHealers"?
and I wanna ride to damn it! This is gonna be a long freakin month!

Speedo problem? Did you look into the "Healtech SpeedoHealers"?
and I wanna ride to damn it! This is gonna be a long freakin month!

I have a speedohealer because I went up one in the rear, but on the highway when i hit a small pump the speedo indicator shakes, but then corrects itself. Checked all connections, gauge acts normal otherwise and I pray it isn't something with the cluster. :whistle:

Thanks for the thought though.

Ive been remodeling the garage so I have had to be around Misty alot, I swear I can hear her saying come on you wheenie take me out and ride me, 20 degrees is not that cold. ???

ajblbv,

I feel for ya. I am just over the river and I am getting buried again just like you with snow. I can not wait for spring so I can finish breaking mine in and just plain ride!!!!!!

Hang in there and come spring we will have to hook up and go riding.

My bike has been down for the last 2 1/2 weeks and I can't wait till I get it back! So I kinda know what you guys are going threw. Good luck on being able to get back out on the road. :thumbsup:

Ive been remodeling the garage so I have had to be around Misty alot, I swear I can hear her saying come on you wheenie take me out and ride me, 20 degrees is not that cold. ???

:laugh: and I thought I was the only bike-whisperer

here are a couple of pics for you guys who cant wait to ride, took them last weekend, the sun was out, alot of roads were dry, snow hadnt melted though coz it was near 0 degreesC. sorry it wasnt the busa though

me999-4.jpg

me999-6.jpg

here are a couple of pics for you guys who cant wait to ride, took them last weekend, the sun was out, alot of roads were dry, snow hadnt melted though coz it was near 0 degreesC. sorry it wasnt the busa though

Yeah we hate seeing pics of beautiful, sexy, unobtainable, red Ducati's :poke:

Excuse me...have to go get the tissue box now :whistle:

All you do is put part's on your bike all winter. You hurry to get them done. You drool over the bike with the new part's on it. Then you look outside and it's snowing again. I wan't to hang myself.

taking mine in tomorrow myself bro... new plugs, filter, amsoil, and V-Stacks!! Just need to custom order a little sunshine!!

Pirelli Angels are on the list as well, but I still have about 3,000 miles left before I need them. :thumbsup:

Can you please give me some input about Amsoil I have a 04' Hayabusa and I'm thinking about using Amsoil but I have concerns. Please help me.

I envy you! Haven't seen my girl in 7 months.. Uncle Sam and his vacations to great places! Well only have 20 days... then she getting all kind of TLC.. with the stack of boxes waiting with her name on them!

hate.

you.

i hear the same voices myself..but i tell her how bad she'll get hurt from the sand and salt...

40 degrees and sunny today. Best weather we have had in awhile. Managed to sneak in a 10 mile ride today and it was awesome !

Just spent an hour shoveling off sidewalk and driveway better :moon:

It's slowly melting...that's something right? Tires get here tomorrow.....Want to go zoom zoom.... :whistle:

Back