I met matt hasselback..nice guy

turbojonn

Registered
I'm rehabbing a house that is located directly across the street form The Seahawks training center. On Monday I looked out the window and saw a small crowd running up to a car that had just pulled into the parking lot. Turns out it was Matt Hasselback. It was sort of odd to see him standing there in person. But it was definatley him.
I went over and stood with the 8 or so people who were all trying to get things autographed. What surprised me was that even after we all got our autographs he stayed there and talked. He didn't leave until every person was talked out. Keep in mind this at about 4 o'clock on Monday which means he had to have been pretty burned out. Kudos to him for being a good guy and a good role model. You should have seen the face on this one kid with his own football helmet in hand, running up to get it signed. It was one of those moments.

Cool!
smile.gif

That is cool...a true role model.

The world doesn't have many of those left....

Cool..I thought he was great in knightrider..and baywatch.
biggrin.gif

Same guy.. ?

Then that makes you half mad....Ain't that right ..cousin Rub

Some of the players are real cool. Several years ago we lived just a few blocks from where the Chiefs held training camp. I used to walk my dog Heidi over and watch the practice. Heidi was a well behaved elkhound who did not like being on a lead, so once we got to the field I would unhook her and she would stay right by my side. Heidi loved to play with my kids, especially football, although she only played defense. I'm standing on the sideline talking to Carl Peterson the chiefs GM and look up to see Heidi in the huddle with the Chiefs "D". The offense snapped the ball and Heidi ran to the running back and made the play. Derrick Thomas fell on the ground laughing. After practice he stayed back and spent alot of time with me and the pooch. It was cool! I hope Matt Hasselback stays accessable and friendly. The Hawks got the shaft!

Back