I made new blinkers

Batman#1

BatBusa
Donating Member
Registered
Well I got borred of those ugly blinkers and do not have enough for a new undertail. So I cut them off and put led's on the license plate for blinkers. They are plenty bright at night but in the day they are a little harder to see but they are still are pretty bright. So what do you think should I keep it or save up for the top gun undertail.

rear_view_of_fender_eliminator.jpg

I like them but I wouldn't use em'......when I had my ZX-12 with the smaller type lights on the back, I always had some idiot in a cage getting too close because he was not paying attention. So, when I got this bike I wanted to leave the rear mostly stock to see if results were a bit different...... AMAZING..... I rarely get spooked by cagers getting to close now. The ugly big lights actually work.....

But I do like the look of the shaved lights and plates.....
smile.gif

looks good.. But I think if you can go ahead and save up for the undertail anyway... But you did a nice clean job on the LED's, looks bright enough to me..

Definitely cleans the back up, but I'm not sure if cagers will be looking for turn signals on the license plate. I'm sure at night it is no problem, but I would worry about the daytime.

ANOTHER IDEA... "MTTM"

Take your stock tail light lens off. Get some thin aluminum and make a "DIVIDER" to seperate the rear into TWO SEPERATE halves. Get a $12.00 trailer wire integrater from local auto store. When you hit your turn signals your NEW led's will light up as well as THAT side on your stock tail light thus giving you the best of both worlds until you decide you want an undertail. YOU may decide you dont want one.

There was a post A LONG LONG time ago about how to do the mod. Basically take a piece of alum and put a small bend in it so you have something to attach to the center area between the bulbs. Mold it to the "BOWED" shape of the tail light lens so when the lens is re-installed it seperates the two halves.

Or put small lights to the left and right of the stock tail lights so that you have sepearte bulbs inside the tail light area and seperate them as to have a seperate left corner and seperate right corner turn signal inside the tail light lens.

Anyway ideas.
more time than money.
MTTM!

ANOTHER IDEA... "MTTM"

Take your stock tail light lens off.  Get some thin aluminum and make a "DIVIDER" to seperate the rear into TWO SEPERATE halves.  Get a $12.00 trailer wire integrater from local auto store.  When you hit your turn signals your NEW led's will light up as well as THAT side on your stock tail light thus giving you the best of both worlds until you decide you want an undertail. YOU may decide you dont want one.

There was a post A LONG LONG time ago about how to do the mod.  Basically take a piece of alum and put a small bend in it so you have something to attach to the center area between the bulbs.  Mold it to the "BOWED" shape of the tail light lens so when the lens is re-installed it seperates the two halves.

Or put small lights to the left and right of the stock tail lights so that you have sepearte bulbs inside the tail light area and seperate them as to have a seperate left corner and seperate right corner turn signal inside the tail light lens.

Anyway ideas.
more time than money.
MTTM!
Very nice!!! That's an idea for me to work on....

I was in a situation similar to yours except I couldn't find any undertails that I liked so I cut everything off like you did. I don't know what your fundage situation is, but I went with the Clear Alternatives integrated brake/turn signals for less than $100 shipped to your door. You replace your stock tail light lens with either a clear or smoked version and the LED'S are much brighter than stock. It looks like a normal red tail light until you put on the turn signal and then half the tail light flashes amber.
I'm at work now but will post a pic here when I get home.

Later

ALSO

You can put "LED's" flush into the rear leading edge of the left side and right side rear foot pegs for turn signals too.  Get dual color ones and use them for brake lights too!.

There was a pic of a gixxer1k with 5 yellow verticle LED's mounted in the rear peg holder to be seen from the rear only but I couldnt find it to post.

Or even get a licplate frame with the "LED" strip at the top and hook 1/2 to your turnsignal Left and other 1/2 to right.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130812259 -->

I was in a situation similar to yours except I couldn't find any undertails that I liked so I cut everything off like you did.  I don't know what your fundage situation is, but I went with the Clear Alternatives integrated brake/turn signals for less than $100 shipped to your door.  You replace your stock tail light lens with either a clear or smoked version and the LED'S are much brighter than stock.  It looks like a normal red tail light until you put on the turn signal and then half the tail light flashes amber.
 I'm at work now but will post a pic here when I get home.

Later
Here's a pic. of the ClearAlternatives assy. with the rt. turn on.

<!--EDIT|rOtuN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131041287 -->

DSCF0012rs.JPG

not bad, not bad at all! they look great and appear to be very effective. i would clean up those wires w/ some black wire insulator that you can heat up and shrink to the existing wires. nice work!
smile.gif

Back