I love mah girl dawg!

Here's my boy!
He is a great dog and loves the Mts.
Doyle, I now have another off road vehicle to take the dogs to the places only a few can get to!
Bubba

IMG_46052.jpg

I'm torn between a husky and a shepard...in either case I'd like to have a pair...a year or so apart so they can wear each other down while running around outside. Either one is willing to learn, work, and is full of energy.

Eva is a pretty big girl at about 125lbs but Emma which was just a pup in that picture is much bigger ow at about 150lbs. Eva is much stronger and had better muscle tone but Emma is bigger.

Levi got up to 116 when he was in attack training, and constantly working him, but when his thyroid issue got him we had to slow down on all that stuff. He's about 95 now. My min pin is about 3 years older and at 14lbs, he's the boss. Levi, the dobe, doesn't know how old he is and as far as he is concerned, he's still 100% puppy, haha.

She is Titina and she's been with us for 14 years now (15 in March), a picture of her back in the day and a picture of her now. She's almost all grey hair now... But still manage to steal the breakfast of my cousin :laugh:

titi.JPG

2011-08-21 11.37.29.jpg

2012-05-14 14.13.47.jpg

For all you German Shepard Owners: Are your dogs as anxious as they make the breed out to be, and if so, how do you work on that with them?

Hi.. My Dog Tobey is not anxious at all. It's all in the breeding. You have to get one from a reputable breeder and make sure they have a good temperment type of breeding. Or you can adopt one and you can see what they are like as adults. They are a little skittish when they are pups but if you socialize them early, get them around othe dogs and people they will be fine. Good obedience training is a must as well. My tobey will come to me when I call him no matter what is going on around him. If there is one thing I can't tolerate is a disobedient dog. And with a Shepherd this could be dangerous. Also be careful around children. If you get a dog with a high chase drive he/she might just chase a kid down.

For all you German Shepard Owners: Are your dogs as anxious as they make the breed out to be, and if so, how do you work on that with them?

My Lexy has always been smothered with love by my two daughters, in 9 years there's never been any sign of weird behavior....but let a strangercome to the door and her bark sounds like she would rip your kidney out! Shepherds see their "people family" as their pack.

Back