I left the Pair Valve on and.........

OB_busTa Kaw

Registered
It runs great. No backfires, no blue flames like several people said. The reason I left it on is my buddy has a busa with a micron and left his valve on with no problems. I have a muzzy but no problems. Please people,
If you dont know what your talking about dont post it. This could cause someone to do extra work which if they want to is fine but 2lbs is not worth the effort for me.

i realy don't think they do not know what they are talking about.obviously your pipe has more back pressure.simple physics once again.

Yep ,none of us know what were talking about.At least were not lazy.Sorry Busta Cow,Hope you didnt break a finger nail.I know those two bolts can be very difficult for some people.

when you et waxed by other busa riders go back home take the bike back apart and do what you should of done in the first place. 2 friends and myself all with micron (good choice) have no backfires --- its all in the mapping (also do you have the pc11) but regardless if your happy its your bike!! hope you dot run into me at biketoberfest (then again i hope you do) i can chalk up another win!!!! really --do some research the pair will not cause backfires!!

AS BART SIMPSON would say '' DONT HAVE A COW MAN"I run a differant pipe then you do.I have an rs-3 yosh.I also know of a busa with the same pipe I have.He told me about the the flames and backfires.He cured his problem by removing the Pair valve.When I got my pipe I did the same.I have never had a backfire .Set the computer with a Yosh box. I also know of a Busa with A Micron,pair and it works for him. By the way,whose your Daddy??

Well I dont exactly know where to start. How bout this:www.hayabusa.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003982.html

This is my post where I asked if I could leave the pair valve on. Since none of you are the ones that told me about the back fires then why are you busting my chops over this?

I have no PC2 yet. Everything is stock except for the pipe. I did say if someone wants to go to the trouble of taking it off then cool. I didnt. Why go to the trouble of getting block off plates and plugging vacumm lines for a measley 2lbs. That was my point and not my perogative. I would rather put my time and effort towards a REAL power maker. Surely you arent suggesting 2lbs is going to make me lose a race. I could do without a meal and lose that much.

Haulazz: I am the one saying it doesnt backfire so I am not sure what your saying here.

Motorhead: Do you think the Muzzy has that much backpressure? It looks pretty freeflowing. I know its not like running an open exhaust but shouldnt it be almost the same as the Yosh, Micron, Ti force etc...?
By the way, how much more HP. should I expect from the PC2? I was thinking of sending my airbox to you for you to "Lay Hands" on. Are you still doing the airbox mod?

Whos my Daddy?????sheesh

actually the muzzy is a 1-5/8 stepped to 1 3/4 and have showed good results from those i have spoken to with dynos.give the bike what it wants not what you think it wants!!!if it is not back firing good maybe your par is not functioning properly and thats good for you if you plug it at the box you will stop stealing air from your motor too.by the way good debate topic.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 07 May 2000).]

I have to agree with MTH you are robbing air that the motor could use I use to install a 8 mm flange bolt on Kawasakis big air pipe or a steel ball and left everything else on.
Due to it is a pressuized air box it is forcing air down that tube just like your stacks at least block it off.
BTW how many of you that have pulled off the pair notice how hard the vacuum hose is?

busta-- I was saying that with my pair removed it does not backfire --its not the 2 lbs. you loose because with the weight of the busa 2 lbs. does not matter-- its the function of the unit you do not need--

when you buy a header it says "for racing only" so right at that point you are illigal--who cares "loud pipes saves lives" and if i was worried about breaking the law i would not own a busa -- 85 mph in first gear --its hard not to break the law when your on roads that have 35 mph posted limits --but like i said its your bike and your money--if yu are happy with your bike all is good!! i was just saying that in my experience ad with 2 friends who run micron pipes like mine we have removed the pair and it does work--no argument just opinion. thats what these boards are for so you can form the best opinion by the advise given by other riders---so far i have heard a lot of people who have removed pair with excellent results --included are mechanics that work at suzuki shops and get feedback from others who race and bring them time slips to prove these statements--are suzuki mecanic races a busa with us and he was one of the first to remove his---many soon followed--- COME TO THE DARK SIDE

Interesting posts. I have wondered whether I could pipe my bike and keep the PAIR, but for different reasons.

Haulazz, you say we don't need the PAIR. But I don't think you can say that so easily. First, removing the PAIR is illegal some jurisdictions. Second, the PAIR reduces emissions.

So there are some benefits to keeping the PAIR if you can.

Back