I led a group ride from my church today

Relsek

Registered
I started the day off by meeting a friend that rides a sportster at the church early in the morning, we were going to do a pre-ride ride.

The sun was shining, temps were in the 50's and winds were gusting between 20 and 30 mph all day.

tn_102_4574.JPG

After Matt showed up we took off and didn't get a mile away before he snapped his drive belt. We had to load his bike up in my truck and drop it off at the Harley dealer.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137276585 -->

tn_102_4577.JPG

We got a late start, I loaned Matt my wife's ninja so he and his fiance rode it. Brian had his ninja along with Brian's friend Mike on a 636. The zuki's were the busa, a 1000 and a 750 gixxer. Yeah there were some cruisers too.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137276982 -->

tn_102_4580.JPG

Last one, filling up for the ride home.

The group liked the ride, it's the roads we (from the board) ride on a lot but many of them never knew existed. It was fun but very windy and we were all over the road.

A fun day still.

Kevin

tn_102_4587.JPG

Glad you buddy could still ride ( I will reframe from Harley Jokes
biggrin.gif
) , any ride is better than NO ride at all. Nice pictures also  
cool.gif

You, and your hellion church group SUCK!!!!  

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

I was out working watching everyone ELSE ride!  
mad.gif
The wind made it like a roller coaster ride. Brian was hoping to open up the ninja today and see what it would do, but the wind kept us all on the cautious side and we didn't get too crazy.

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Feburary 3RD 2006!!!
Are you in a time warp??
biggrin.gif

I broke a drive belt waayy up in Stratton Maine before,I was luckly enought to be able to leave the bike at this old guys stone rought iron working garage.The next day I went to the closest Harley shop,2 hrs away...and bought a belt.
The old dude had all the tools to get me back on the road.

Feburary 3RD 2006!!!
Are you in a time warp??
biggrin.gif
Thanks, I didn't notice that. The date must have changed on my camera when I changed the batteries this morning.

About the belt, I thought the whole idea behind the belt was that is was suppose to last longer than a chain with no maintenance. His bike is an '04 with less than 10,000 miles on it. I think that what happened is that he got on it trying to keep up with me and it snapped.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137284111 -->

That's exactly how I snapped mine....trying to rip a wheelie!!!
His bike is a 1200 so it does have **some ball$** maybe a little harder to do with the 883...
No bike that has any sack at all should have a belt.
I laugh at these bike builders that shove a 113 inch motor in a bike than stick a stupid little belt on!!!!

Okay I give , what is Relsek? Looks like you had a good ride though.

Just 1 question ... Did that harley just jump up in the truck by itself:D ! I know most of them are trained by the dealership!
laugh.gif

95 percent of Harleys are still on the road.
The other 5 percent made it home!!!

Hey..I still ride my harleys!

Just 1 question ... Did that harley just jump up in the truck by itself:D ! I know most of them are trained by the dealership!
laugh.gif
I was waiting for this to start, why do you think I made him pose by his harley in the truck?

He wants a sportbike baaad, he just thinks his paren't will disown him if he buys anything other than a harley. He even mentioned a buell. I told him about FLknifemaker's buell problems and maybe he will think twice about that.

Looks like a fun ride. I've got a 250 Ninja as well, so I know riding 2-up, your buddy had to keep that thing pegged in the high rpm's to keep up. What a surpirise that the Harley broke down in the first place.
tounge.gif

Back