Hyper Perception

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
I remember there was a movie where they trained an assassin to be able to slow down time when he was ready to commit the crime. I wish I could remember the name of it.
Anyway, I did some research on the phenomenon and it's called "Hyper Perception".
When I got to thinking about it, I realized that the apparent slowing down of time thing has happened to ME dozens of times during my life, but mostly unintentionally and only during time of crisis or emergency.!! Last summer when I was on the Harley and had the double pullout in front of me, it seemed like everything was in slow motion and I had plenty of time to do what needed to be done, when in actuality only a few seconds had elapsed. It's really a weird experience. Maybe some people have it happen, but never notice it. ???

Last edited:
haha i've experience the opposite , when i was about 18 playing highschool ball. i remember hitting the ball and attemping to run to first base. everything was in fast motion but i could barely run like my legs weighed 100 lbs. though it was a base hit i still remember that.

haha i've experience the opposite , when i was about 18 playing highschool ball. i remember hitting the ball and attemping to run to first base. everything was in fast motion but i could barely run like my legs weighed 100 lbs. though it was a base hit i still remember that.

That is called .....dreaming :poke:

:laugh:

that happened to me this weekend... been trying to loose weight so i have been swimming everyday for two weeks. I really have not noticed any fatigue but when I pulled to a stop sign at the top of a hill, the ground was further away than I though and she started going over. my legs felt like jello! I tried for seemed 5 minutes to keep it from hitting the ground. my pops was right behind me and I knew he would help me if I could just keep it up long enough.... but no.
I put her down so slow that I have only one small scratch. maybe I can tell people I got it from dragging knees?

Never had that happen. HOWEVER, I have indeed had COUNTLESS incidents where I initially thought I was experiencing deja vu'. But after I had an insescant thought that it was a memory..... I then remembered that each incident of "deja vu' " was something I had dreampt a year or more previous. Its somethin i've only realized since I was old enough to understand concious perception of my thoughts..... Very very eerie notion since i've also had some VERY SCARY DREAMS including one where I was being held down by my arms & legs while another intruder slit my throat. That was a dream I was having after I had "woken up" from "dream A"

i.e. asleep: having DREAM-A, wake up from DREAM-A into DREAM-B which was the throat slitting dream. I then woke up for real freezing cold in the middle of summer completely devoid of sweat or illness in any way. I couldn't sleep in my room for 3 days. This was all at the age of 25.
Posted via Mobile Device

Happened to me, mostly when riding and getting into a situation that may not work out. The most memerable time i was doin about 90 mph on my old zx11, smacked into the back of a Jeep doin 70mph. I cleary remember flying past the Jeep, lookin at the side of it and thinkin "Im crashing". It was really weird. The crash really hurt too.

Back in the days when I was doing 200mph + runs I was always very focused and things seemed to run in slow motion when I was zooming along.

Yeah man common. I get both speed up of time and slow down.

Always in high adrenaline environments. In fact that is why it happens, your brain chemistry alters, you have sudden surges of different hormones, and your perception is altered. Your cognitive speed increases.

For atheists - evolutionary response predicated by the need to respond to predators for survival, and natural selection has amplified and preserved this trait in our genetic ancestry.

For the rest of us - Psalm 139: we are fearfully and wonderfully made, His works are wonderful, we know full well.

Last edited:
I have this all the time when someone drops something my hands are on auto pilot.

Example I was in the grocery store one day I hear a little kid 3 or 4 years old beside me in a carriage then out of the corner of my eye I see a dive headfirst out of the basket left arm just reached out and grabbed his osh koshes by the strap just inches from the unforgiving tile floor.:thumbsup:
Mother looks at me like I am a super hero got to admit it did feel good but still couldn't get the vision of what could have happen'd out of my head.
Except mine goes beyond things happening I can see through people like glass from across the room that feels like a curse there are many ugly people out there:laugh:

:moon:

I could handle some unbelievable ricochet. Some sci fi or new type of bullets would fly.... I just couldn't swallow what they were shoveling :laugh: an enjoy the movie.

But the driving a Viper on a tipped over bus was okay with ya? :laugh:

Back