Hydraulic clutch problem

Batman#1

BatBusa
Donating Member
Registered
My Dad wants me to fix up his 1983 Honda Magna. He thinks he can take the Busa in a heart beat
laugh.gif
. So I need to fix it up perfect so he has no excuses why he is always looking at the rear of my Busa. So here is the problem I have ran into. The clutch will not disengage. It is a hydraulic clutch, and I have never played with these B4, but I better learn since I have one on my bike now. This is what I have tried, I emptied the system and put new fluid in, I bled the lines and it still didn't work so then I took apart the master cylinder , cleaned it up, checked all the parts. It still wont work
mad.gif
. So do I need to replace the clutch or is there something else I can try B4 I start the tear down.

My guess is the clutch pack is stuck together from sitting for a long time. That being the problem I've got them loose by putting them in gear and rocking the bike back and forth hard wile the clutch is pulled in. It can also be done by getting the bike started however you can, out of gear preferablely and get the bike rolling and kick it into first gear. While holding the clutch in get in and out of the gas quickly. If eather of those will not break it apart you'll probably need to take the clutch basket apart.

Thanks for the input! I have the bike running, but I still need to clean out the carbs. But I will give that a try.

Back