Hump mod tools??

Corso1

Registered
All-

I am getting ready to do the hump mod, but mis-placed the thread. What is the best way to cut the plastic without ruining the paint?? Does a dremel generate too much heat???

Advice or navigation to the Hump Mod post would be appreciated.

( While I'm at it... I will only need to "groove" the two sides a bit in order for the hump to fit with the grab rail still on correct?? I don't have to mess with the support under the hump, right?

Thanks a ton-

Corso

I used a dremel with the larger paper grining wheel.  Take your time and use some masking tape.  Grind and test, grind and test, grind and test...........................

I used a dry erase marker and measured to get a basic idea of what I was going to remove.....

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142808512 -->

Misc_Pictures_040.jpg

nice job hbr....Im sorta chicke to do mine...me and Mr. Dremel can get a little carried-away at times.

Yep--just as HBR said. I used the dremel--just go slow. Trim a little, then measure, then trim a little more, etc. Didn't take long and looks great!

HBR- Once again I owe you a debt of thanks.

If mine winds up half a nice I will be happy.

Now I just have to work up the courage to start cutting!!!

I will check on the dremel bit you suggest, I don't think I have the paper one.

Did you cover or protect the exposed area afterwards? I thought maybe some finger nail polish or somethin' to keep the paint from seperating??

Ryan

All-

I am getting ready to do the hump mod, but mis-placed the thread. What is the best way to cut the plastic without ruining the paint?? Does a dremel generate too much heat???

Advice or navigation to the Hump Mod post would be appreciated.

( While I'm at it... I will only need to "groove" the two sides a bit in order for the hump to fit with the grab rail still on correct?? I don't have to mess with the support under the hump, right?

Thanks a ton-

Corso
Dremmel... take it slow.

P.

thanks for the heads up i am getting ready to do some small mods to mine. since i broke my ankle and can not ride this was high on my list. i will start as soon as i can hobble to the garage.

<!--EDIT|cmc8
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144368170 -->

Back