Renntec rack + hump mod?

Registered
So, I put the rack back on my bike for the first time in a long time. The stock rear seat is a tight fit to get it locked down. Both my Corbin rear seat and rear hump will not fit when this is installed. The sides are too close. I'm sure I could force the hump down but I'd scratch the paint. I've know these pictures of the hump installed with the Renntec rack were found on this site. Can you tell me how you did it? Thanks.

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02469.jpg

Judging by the gaps around the side and back I'd say the cowling isn't latched in those pics.
I'd venture to say you're gonna have to do some cutting to get it to fit proper.

So, I put the rack back on my bike for the first time in a long time. The stock rear seat is a tight fit to get it locked down. Both my Corbin rear seat and rear hump will not fit when this is installed. The sides are too close. I'm sure I could force the hump down but I'd scratch the paint. I've know these pictures of the hump installed with the Renntec rack were found on this site. Can you tell me how you did it? Thanks.

Wow, that's an old photo of my bike. Like it has already been said, you have to notch out an area on both side of the hump to accept the rear rack

Back