Hows your town to ride

Prezzo

Registered
I live in a small town just outside Liverpool England called Skelmersdale and it its a riders paradise more like a race track with no traffic lights just islands and most main roads are away from pedestrians and hardly any traffic.

If you go on google earth and type in WN8 6QA you will see once away from the housing estates its incredible.

Ours sucks.... Gulfport MS (USA). We have a section of Hwy 49 we call "The Gauntlet" because you are constatly dodging cars (regardless if you on the bike or any other vehicle). All kinds of business entrances, 3 lanes of traffic each direction and a "suicide lane" in the middle.

Plus since Hurricane Katrina, we have a bunch of unlicensed/ uninsured "workers" (mostly from Mexico) that have no remorse about hitting you (we have had MULTIPLE hit and runs this past year... including 1 that resulted in 2 fatalities)

Your place looks nice... reminds me of where I grew up (in Illinois) where all you had to watch out for was tractors (and the occasional escaped cow)... but you are IN town!

I live near "stop light city", (Kokomo Indiana) Now we do have some really nice back roads that are full of twistys that are really fun & nice. But WOW you really need to watch out for the cars, they think they own the roads.

I used to love driving cars............. Then I got a life
beerchug.gif

I live in Central California (Kern County). Practically unlimited desolate roads and highways in the country and desert to ride on..
beerchug.gif

Always wanted to know see it so often on TV. when you are out in the desert miles away from anywhere. are the police still hiding behind signs etc. ready to stop motorists for speeding
rock.gif
here they wouldnt be bothered as long as you are not putting life in danger

Here in KS where i live there is a stop light about every .25 mile...and you have to open the throttle on a green light just to make the next green light...it sucks......

I can do about 170 miles in a clockwise circle and only hit a few yield signs, no lights, no stop signs.

You may run into a herd of cows crossing the road, to a barn or pasture though.

In the town I live in there is just 3 stop lights on the main drag and a few scattered stop signs on the side roads. Downside, we got a lotta cops.

Busa Jules how long you been in Gulfport area? I was down there for a few months just before Katrina. Was wondering if it could have been you I saw going the opposite way.

Busa Jules how long you been in Gulfport area?  I was down there for a few months just before Katrina.  Was wondering if it could have been you I saw going the opposite way.
I've been down here since 2002. I started riding the Busa in May of 2005 (Right before Katrina in Aug 2005). But you know how many Busas there are in this town...... LOTS!!

It may have been me though....Did I look scared out of my mind or was I pulled over? j/k
laugh.gif

So when you coming back? You know it rains a lot in oregon.... and is cold.... we just have Hurricanes that wipe us off the map!

I just moved from flat to hot FL to SE TN.
First stop lights going east or south are 30 miles away. Going west there is one 15 miles away but there is the one & only stop light in town going north that I have to deal with on my way to the Gap which is 80 miles away. Guess I'll get used to it.

Dallas was bad, we lived almost in downtown & had to ride 45 miunutes just to get out of the city. We moved to Austin & the 2 best roads here are 5 minutes from the house.

Back