Howdy again with an issue

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Yep been awhile again....been doing some new mods to the bike over the past week......

for some reason it whistles now....might want to get that looked at huh??

Seems the whistle added a bit more power. lol

But that isnt really the reason I stopped in...

So I was up late last night with grease on my forehead and beer in hand....

Then I swear I heard a ding ding ding....Great Idea!!!

Lets hook the PowerCommander back up and see how it runs...Second Great Idea....Well hell I've never updated the firmware on it....hell it could make it run better...yeah right

So there I am not reading any directions see a file call "Ignition"....Now this was a HORRIBLE Idea and don't recommend you do this.

So my Johnny cheese tune was running and not bad actually...granted it was just an idle.

So went and pressed update....ran for approx 1 sec...fell on its face and now won't start

So how bad did I **** it up?? What are my options now. Would like a new tuner or w/e....never really noticed anything from the power commander.

I haven't really been umm checking these forums, been on duramaxforum.com---bet you can't guess what i drive right lol.

You drive a Ford right? LOL, wish I could answer your question bro, welcome back and there will be someone come along shortly that knows the answer.

oh and before you ask....no I don't have the 9 volt adapter either...I'm sure that went in the trash several moves ago...cause I didn't know what it was for...

I sure do now.

So you loaded a new map to your PCommander and now it wont start? Did you save the johnnychees map? Try loading a stock map or disconnect the PC and see if it starts.

no no...not a map but yes i did save the johnny cheese one.

The firmware...that part of the programming inside of the powercommander itself that makes it work.

But it didn't load....it gave an error as soon as it died.

+1 on GPWs comment , also they have a live online chat box you can use.
i find it a little quicker sometimes.

well I think to actually do it right...you need the adapter to put the 9V battery to....

And I don't have that.

Anyone want to me mail me theirs and I'll mail it back with 10 ($)bones attached to it.

I just hope its not like a BIOS on a computer....cause once you screw one of those up...yep new computer time.

hopefully not a computer issue and hopefully Johnny cheese map still there! Dyno jet can even hook up to your machine and do it for you online!

I had the same problem.. Try updating the firmware from your orignial Power Commander program instead of the FIRMWARE RE-PROGRAMMING program. You will have to save the firmware update (FIRMWARE.DFU) to your PC, and go to the update firmware option from the regular DYNOJET desktop software. I think you can turn your bike on if you don't have the 9V adapter. Also you will have to reload your map again.. Let me know.

Last edited:
I had a skydiving partner that whistled once! I could never figure that damn whistle out. Every time she bailed out I could hear her whistling dixie. Damndest thing you ever heard. Finally got her to wear panty hose and amazingly, the whistling stopped! :dunno:

I had a skydiving partner that whistled once! I could never figure that damn whistle out. Every time she bailed out I could hear her whistling dixie. Damndest thing you ever heard. Finally got her to wear panty hose and amazingly, the whistling stopped! :dunno:

wow lol...apparently she wasn't the fresh piece of meat on the market lol

Back