How to repair/fill a hole/gash in the fairing...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I have a crescent shaped hole "(" about 2" long all the way through my right fairing. It's located on an all black area on the fairing which helps in disguising it.

How would "I" go about fill/sand/prime/paint/clearcoat this wound? What products are recommended and where can I get them?

Thanks for your help.

wow.gif
What are you DOING over there OE???

Dang, seems every day you have a question.. can ya leave the poor bike alone and just RIDE it??

poke.gif

(LadyHawk @ Apr. 17 2007,08:36)
wow.gif
 What are you DOING over there OE???

Dang, seems every day you have a question.. can ya leave the poor bike alone and just RIDE it??

poke.gif
I goofed, big time...the gremlins got hold of me.
bluegrab.gif

I know we have some bodywork guys here on the board who could tell me exactly what to do, just need to wave this thread under their noses.

Just fixed up a friends Honda, We used JB weld and chicken wire on the inside of the farings and bondo on outside to smooth it all out! As far as paint can't help ya with that as we have a guy painting it for a set of cylinder heads from a GTO.

Post up some pics.  If it's just a crack, you can weld it from the inside and not have to paint.  If it's a hole, you can weld in a patch panel, sand and paint.

Plastic Welding Pics

Patch panel welded in and rough sanded ready to be prepped for paint.

post_6_66972_100_1634__Medium_.jpg

a small fiberglass patching from the back side...then sand/fill front with a polyester glazing putty.... just something good for bonding to plastics.

take it to someone and have the whole black area shot with new paint.

Back