How to mod stock cans

extreemachine

Never Forgotten
I have seen people talking about drilling there stock cans to make them louder. Stupid question #1 how do you do that. Drill out the rivets and pull out insides and the drill them??

hey the write up was done buy JINKSTER do a search see if you can find it. if not i will post the instructions monday.i did mine like JINKSTER`s posting.
pm me if you can not find the posting.:cool:

Welcome to the board.

Use the Search button...

There are a couple of methods to modifying the stock cans.

One is to use a dremel to cut the welds on the screws, remove the cap and drill holes in the end of the baffle - making it a little louder.

The other requires a little more effort. It removes the inside, but to do that (if I recall correctly) requires cutting one of the ends off the can and then 'rolling' the edge when reassembling.

Thanks for the quick responses. I am new to the boards. I appreciate the help. As far as rolling the edges of the cans that is beyond my capabilities, or I should say what I would be happy with on my Busa. I have to do some research and see what cans to go with when I do replace them, most likely in 2 months. I want to go with a shiny finish, chrome or similar and stay with the stock exhaust dual pipe set up. I will do some bouncing around on the boards and see what I find. I LOVE THESE BOARDS!! Tons of info!! SO much stuff that people have done and tried and lots of knowledge. I am very impressed!! <span style='color:orange'>Thanks Ralph</span>

try the Bike382's mod its worth the effort i had those for a year w/o any problems and they sound so sweeeet!
super.gif

I can cheat a little I have a welder to Help with the pipe position.. also I did this mod to a 1100 Honda except I used 2" pipe 18" Long picked up from any auto parts store.. empty can sounded like Crap with pipe sounded as good a Vance and Hines..

What do you mean by drill out the baffle on the front end to about 1"? WHich part of the baffle? Thanks for your help and response!!!! Ralph

Its simple! you need a punch and a 1/2 drill bit thats about a foot long. Unbolt the cans from the pipe and from the pipe end use the center punch to start a whole. Do 3-4 of them. Then use the drill to drill as far into them as possible. Takes 30 minutes tops and 2 people. one to drill and one to hold your can.

You can take can totally apart and install straight thru baffles.I had the parts laying around so i did a set,Sounds really good.The hardest part is closing the can back up when your done.

mic_323.jpg

Finished!I use a homemade hammer made from a baseball bat to roll the end shut,

<!--EDIT|motrhedd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145801020 -->

mic_326.jpg

I used stuff from RS-3,You can use the baffle steel wool and packing from one.Actually everything fit together really good.The second can went alot quicker.I did these for a really good customer[The Wife]LOLL!

<!--EDIT|motrhedd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145713194 -->

mic_383.jpg

hi: nice job!  i want to do this i have my cans off. i took my dremel and grinded the allen screws out. pulled chrome caps off. i get eveything about mod,except rolling the ends back. couldyouexplainhow you did it to me. and how the baseball bat comes in to play.  also did you cut  the end of rolled off can?  if so please explain from there on please. they look great! dont even look like you touched them!  btw where do you live in N.Y.? i use to live queens & long island.    thanks for your help!  fisheadtony.

hi: nice job!  i want to do this i have my cans off. i took my dremel and grinded the allen screws out. pulled chrome caps off. i get eveything about mod,except rolling the ends back. couldyouexplainhow you did it to me. and how the baseball bat comes in to play.  also did you cut  the end of rolled off can?  if so please explain from there on please. they look great! dont even look like you touched them!  btw where do you live in N.Y.? i use to live queens & long island.    thanks for your help!  fisheadtony.
You wouldn't happen to be "softball mustache" Tony near Port Richey, would you?

Back