How Suzuki made the craziest motorcycle ever

Ah, the days when Suzuki really put a lot of R&D into their builds.....

The Hayabusa sure was a cutting edge bike and to some degree still is....

The liter bikes have had the advantage of being used in WSBK so their development kept going on.

Man, the Gen 1 still makes me feel that weird thing that it made me feel when it came out. The design just hits me. I don't find it beautiful, but however I find it, it's a really good thing. Striking is the word I'm searching for?
Suzuki did it right......the original had a raw, untamed feeling about it....

Suzuki refined that out of it over the years.......

Man, the Gen 1 still makes me feel that weird thing that it made me feel when it came out. The design just hits me. I don't find it beautiful, but however I find it, it's a really good thing. Striking is the word I'm searching for?

Not beautiful?

IMG_3211.jpg

Around where I live, 99.9% of the people could care less about a Hayabusa or most any other bike...If it's not a side by side or lifted pick up truck, they hardly notice...

But every once in a while someone recognizes it and a big smile comes across their face....

Even I was excited seeing my first gen 3 in the wild one day...my wife told me to follow him into the parking lot to ogle his bike and chat but I felt weird doing that so I didn't....if I was on the bike I would have though...

Back