How should my busa idle?

SuperNova

Registered
Ok...so i bought my 04 Busa in July as an insurance repo, and it is running great...not a problem at all.  But the one thing i do notice is how it idles..... It idles around 500rpm without any problems at all.  THis seems realyl low.  If its on a cold start, it might die once, but after i fast idle it for about 30 seconds it idles without any problems.  Also i notice how choppy the idle is.  Every time i go somewhere and people check it out, they ask if i put cams in it.  To my knowledge it doesn't have aftermarket cams.  But again, since i bought it as a repo, i don't know.  I can tell that it has had a lot done to it based on the number of cut wires that i had to remove and the fact that it didn't have exhaust when i bought it.  It makes me think that whoever either repoed it or it got repoed from, took all the performance stuff off so they could sell it or whatever.....Anyways, any input would be appreciated....Is there a way to tell if there are aftermarket or modified cams in it?

<!--EDIT|SuperNova
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155963036 -->

It should idle around 1150 - 1200.
+1 set it to 1200
wink.gif

OK, so i just went outside and started it up. Messed with it and it's idling at about 1200 now.....It's still far from a smooth pur though....I haven't ever heard another Busa next to mine though to compare it.....i just know everyone asks me if I've done anything to the motor because of how it sounds.....The best way for me to explain how it idles is this......if you are in a car that's been all modded and has a cam....it tends to have that lopey idle and it is just enough to make the headlights flicker due to the more agressive engine idle turning the alternator irregularly. That's how it idles now...

OK, so i just went outside and started it up.  Messed with it and it's idling at about 1200 now.....It's still far from a smooth pur though....I haven't ever heard another Busa next to mine though to compare it.....i just know everyone asks me if I've done anything to the motor because of how it sounds.....The best way for me to explain how it idles is this......if you are in a car that's been all modded and has a cam....it tends to have that lopey idle and it is just enough to make the headlights flicker due to the more agressive engine idle turning the alternator irregularly.  That's how it idles now...
Go take it for a ride to clean out the plugs...with it idling that low it could foul one out
rock.gif

I am gonna go on a cruise with a couple other guys tomorrow...I will monitor it and see how it does and then post up tomorrow night....

Mine did the same thing and with the help of the ORG I adjusted mine to 1100 and no more cold stall and much smoother. Thanks to the help here I adj mine without removing anything just used a Flat head screwdriver on the right side of the bike just under the fuel tank.

Like others have said, see how it runs now that the idle has been adjusted. You said it didn't have an exhaust when you got it, so what exhaust have you put on it? Congrats.

Ok...so i bought my 04 Busa in July as an insurance repo, and it is running great...not a problem at all.  But the one thing i do notice is how it idles..... It idles around 500rpm without any problems at all.  THis seems realyl low.  If its on a cold start, it might die once, but after i fast idle it for about 30 seconds it idles without any problems.  Also i notice how choppy the idle is.  Every time i go somewhere and people check it out, they ask if i put cams in it.  To my knowledge it doesn't have aftermarket cams.  But again, since i bought it as a repo, i don't know.  I can tell that it has had a lot done to it based on the number of cut wires that i had to remove and the fact that it didn't have exhaust when i bought it.  It makes me think that whoever either repoed it or it got repoed from, took all the performance stuff off so they could sell it or whatever.....Anyways, any input would be appreciated....Is there a way to tell if there are aftermarket or modified cams in it?
What exh did you put on it? If its a full after market sys it needs fuel adj! Maybe the throttle body needs synced!!!
rock.gif

I put on a Yosh rs-3 duplex Full race system. I have the power commander mapped. I have tried several different maps and none make it any smoother on idle. It runs like a freakin beast though. I can only imagine the power it's putting down....

Sync. the the throttle bodys make a huge difference . use the search and use Sync. as a search word . you will not reget it bro.

Ok my 06 Busa is about 3 weeks new now and I want to know if this is normal. I had my first service and they adjusted my idle down to 1100 or so because it was floating between 1500 and 1850 or so. When the bike is cold it drops to about 900 so i upped it to 1150 again cold and now the idle keeps bouncing from 1500 to 1850 in neutral. If its in gear its right at 1100. What gives? Is this a normal thing?

Mine idles good at 1100, both bikes have a slight lopey choppy idle.Sounds good!

I had the same problem Until I fitted a TRE. Dont ask me why but it runs 100% smoother. Also got it to Idle at around 1150 anything less than that and it could cut out when you come to an abrupt stop.

Please Help. My 06 was at the paint shop for a few weeks sitting. I got it back thursday and when I rode it today I noticed it had a high idle. It was at about 2K in neutral. I tried the adjustment screw and it didn't work, still at a 2k idle.

Make sure the High Idle lever on the left side handle bar is not engaged...

David

Back