How new is it?

OB_Falconer

Registered
I was talking to the service manager at my dealer today, arranging for my 600 mile check-up, when he fesses up that my Hayabusa had another bike fall into it in their warehouse, which pushed the 'busa back and through a plate glass door. This of course all happened before I bought it.

The damage required that they install a new front fender and headlight. Apparently the brake light plastic is pretty robust, because it broke the glass door without any damage to it at all!

When he told me all this, I was dumbfounded.

I _had_ noticed that the fairing seems to be pointing off a bit to the left -- when I look in the rearview mirrors, I see a whole bunch of my right arm, and just a tiny bit of my left. I was thinking that somehow I wasn't sitting straight on the bike, now I think I know what's going on -- the framework which holds the fairing on is bent.

What is the right thing to do here? Other than the mirrors, I have to confess I didn't have a clue anything was wrong.

I've got 600 miles on the bike, I'm not going to ask for a new one. That would be ridiculous -- right?

falconer, yes, it would be rediculous to ask for a new one. not because you don't deserve it, but because you'd be waiting a looonnnggg time. yes, it's probably the fairing stay, it is aluminum and bends rather easily, (i know cuz i'm getting all my plastic and stuff replaced due to an accident.) i'd make them order a new fairing stay and replace it under their insurance. in the mean time, you can still ride. do so.
mike

Darned right I'm riding!!!

It's minor in the grand scheme of things, but it's just a bit shocking to learn that your baby has already had plastic surgery.

For what it's worth (not much, I don't plan to make an ass of myself over this) they have a brand new Hayabusa sitting on the floor exactly like mine (just unbent and 550 miles newer).

Check with a lawyer, if I'm not mistaken dealers are supposed to disclose damage to untitled vehicles being sold as new. You paid for a new bike make them give you a new bike!!! Good luck
Jim

Talk to the dealer first and have them fix it for you under the one year warranty clause.If they won't call the Main Suzuki Headquaters in the U.S. and explain to them what you found out about your bike and I'm sure that they will handle it from there,if not a good Lawyer who handles motorcycle issue should be you next alternative.The bike is a good bike and I would rather have a new bracket put on than worry about a new bike,the next bike you get might have more problems than the bike you got now.Your choice.Good Luck

Back