How Much Faster?

I was faced with the same scenario in Oct last year.. 07 for 9100, 08 for 12900.. I ended up going with the 07.
So what does $3k buy you??
Full Titatnium pipe & Power Commander $1500
Extended swingarm (Canadian MIke)     $800
Air Shifter                           $500
Dragradial tire                       $200

Stock 08-  9.9s
Modded 07- 9.4s

Okay, I was planning on getting the 08 in about a month. But I really don't like ANY of the colors.  However I LOVE the 07 Blue.  And there are a few leftovers in town $3,000 cheaper than the 08.  So my dilemma is should I get the 07 that I LOVE, or the 08 that I don't.  Is the 08 that much faster?  I've seen 1/4 mile times that seem pretty even with GenI's.  I know the brakes are better on the 08.  I'm really trying to justify the extra 3 GRAND for the 08.  If the 08 came in the 07 Blue, there wouldn't be any question.  
banghead.gif

Anyone?
i'm in the same delimma (sp)
but the best i've found is $10k otd.
what kinda deal have you found in fla?
Just going on MSRP for a new 08 of $11,999 vs an advertised price (on cycletrader) for a new 07 at $8,999. Sure I could find a dealer willing to let an 08 go for less than MSRP, but the 07 is already marked down pretty good. I loved my 02 Busa, and I really love the Blue on the 07. The 08 blue is growing on me now that I'm seeing some Pictures of it in the sunlight, but not crazy about the gold wheels. (I hate cleaning wheels). Plus I'm DEFINATELY getting the new Camaro next year, so I don't want the purchase of a Busa to keep that from happening. (financially speaking). So getting the 07 would make the most sense. I'm 44 years old and not a street racer anymore. sure I love power and speed, so the 07 Busa will probably meet my needs there, but I love the refinements of the 08 too. But those 2 things keep popping up: 1. Price. 2. Color. And the 07 wins in both. But the new and improved features of the 08 kind of balances out.
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

I think if you buy the 07, the first chance you get to ride an 08 will have you hating your decision...  
banghead.gif

There is no comparison in the two bikes, it's a night and day difference IMO.  I bought an 08 BLUE and glad I did.  I just about bought the 07 BLUE myself since it's my favorite color but everyday I see the 08 and ride it, I thank God that I waited...
coolold.gif

If you don't plan to race go with the 07 Blue if that's what you like. Otherwise, from a performance standpoint, it's going to cost you more than $3k to get the old bike to match the 08 in every aspect.

THIS IS
easybutton.png

GET THE 1 YOU LIKE
thumb_up.gif
and if that leaves you w/ xtra $$$.
idea3.gif
Think of what MODS. you could do w/it.
muscle.gif

get the 08 and paint it that blue you like!!!!!<----- just a thought to make your decision easier,
i would NOT go for the GEN1 now that the GEN2 is out,GEN1 is a 9 year old technology

I'd go with the 08 but if you don't have alot of money to blow then do whats best fo rthe wallet .

I own both and have to say stock for stock the 08 wins hands down, power and handling wise but for some reason I think the older Busa is more comfortarable or maybe its just because I'm 6'2 and it has a zero grav double bubble wind screen, and my 08 doesn't. Either way you cant go wrong but I really like the extra 20 hp right off the bat.

Unless you are racing, the difference in speed doesn't matter. Both have far more capability than you can (or should anyway) use on the streets. Get the one you like better.

One Big Advantage to the GEN-1 is ALL of the BUGS are worked out of it!
The GEN-2 Computer and Speedo did have some ISSUES.....what I dont know,accept SPEEDO's NOT WORKING.

Eigther get an 07 GEN-1 or WAIT for an 09 GEN-2 with a BUILD DATE of JAN-09 Your dealer should have One of Those with a BUILD DATE of JAN-09 by April 09.....By then Suzuki will have the BUGS worked out and done Any Possable Update needed, whatever that may be..

This is "MY OPPINION" from MY point of view.

I purchased my 07 In april 07 knowing the New Busa would be here by the end of 07, but knowing how Risky FIRST year Production machine can be.........I figured if it "the 08" is that great maybe in 09 or 2010 I will get a GEN-2.........

But HONDA may come out with the CBRX1400 SUPERBIRD according to My Source inside Motorcyclist magazine....

But HONDA may come out with the CBRX1400 SUPERBIRD according to My Source inside Motorcyclist magazine....
That rumor is almost 10 years old now
whistling.gif

Honda makes nice yard equiment and scooters and the RR bikes are good right now. They not coming to the big bore wars again.

As far as the first year issues, thi bike is a very slightly evolved version of the Gen I based on a proven platform that is 8+ years old. No radical departure or design change just more of a good thing. If the RR bikes can change on two and three year cycles with minimal issues I think the busa can every 8 or 9 with out a fuss.

Back