how much did you lower your front end?

AZIROC

Registered
i lowered my front end a while back about 1 1/2 inches(as well as the rear) and whenever i hit a decent size bump/hole, my front fender just SLAMS up against the nose and/or lower part of the triple tree. unfortunately it has caused part of my fender to crack, BUT i have a CF one i can put on. Anywho, I wnated to find a "safe" height to have the front end lowered so i dont crack this 1 and was wondering hwo much some of you are at.

1 1/4" upfront and haven't had any issues with the front yet. I so far manged to drive around holes though
jump9.gif

1 1/4" front, 1 1/2" in rear. The belly pan drags under extreme conditions especially riding two up. What you have sounds more like rough landings
cool.gif

1" in front can't say exactly on the back because i'm extended .

1" in front can't say exactly on the back because i'm extended . I haven't had my fender hit but my wing scrapes everynow and then on bumps .

I have mine lowered 1-1/2'',never hit the fender,but have scraped the bottom of the fairing from a road jump over a hill.have you tryed tightened up your front fork springs and make your compression stroke valve stiffer?

I have mine lowered 1-1/2'',never hit the fender,but have scraped the bottom of the fairing from a road jump over a hill.have you tryed tightened up your front fork springs and make your compression stroke valve stiffer?
i have. The valves I went as tight as i can go, then 2 clicks back. the springs i have (not counting the top 1 u tighten with) 3 1/2 of those "disks" (having brain fart and cant remember exact term) showing.

Had it down to 1 1/4 at one time never had a problem.but it does have 1.0 kilo springs in it,makes a huge differance.

You can drain your old fork oil out and put new heavy fork oil in that will stifen up your valving.but it sounds like you need heaver springs also.

Roads are bad here in Texas too. I'm only 165 lbs and have my front lowered 3/4 and have never had issues you have mentioned.

well, i pretty much found the issue... atleast a temporary fix. i just tighted the springs down 1/2 "disk" and all is well. I had ordered new springs/valves, ect. just thought this was somethign i overlooked, but atleast now with the new parts coming in the suspention will be set up correctly.

Back