how hard to remove all the plastics on the busa?

gm1300

Registered
how hard is it to remove all the plastics on the busa ? how long will it take me ?

i want to paint the busa a solid color and was just figuring out what i am getting into.

thanks

Removing all the plastics is not too difficult. The front fender is tough, but otherwise not too bad.

Yeah its pretty easy to remove the plastic... putting it back is where the trouble begins
tounge.gif

Yeah its pretty easy to remove the plastic... putting it back is where the trouble begins
tounge.gif
I agree with that totally. Everytime I strip her naked to do the service I have to play with the side fairings everytime to get things to fit back in place right. But they come off in a sinch. I dunno maybe I just don't have the touch to line em up right.

I did it once.. hope not to have to do all that again. You have to drill the rivets out in the front fender where the brake line is bracketed. You can get the brake line off and leave the bracket on the fender till you get it off though. Much less chance of drilling the tire that way fo' shooo!

Other than that I can't remember having much problem really.

I would try to keep up with which size screw went in which hole. I had some problems with that when I was putting it back together.

They were painting on mine for about a week though. May not have been as bad if it hadn't been so long in between takin' it off, and putting it back though.

I remember the nose fairing is a little tricky, but I can't remember what, if anything I did to figure it out. I think I just fiddled with it and it eventually just popped off.

Seems like it's got some type of clip type thing that you can't reach so you just gotta pop it outta there.

Putting it all back is pretty easy though.

Its not that hard to take apart....just take your time when putting it back together. It would be a good idea to take plenty of pictures of all the hardware....which fasteners go with which panel
wink.gif

when i take my fairings off, i put a strip of masking tape where the front fairing meets the left and right fairing, it helps it from scratching when you are trying to line them up

thanks guys

if i buy an 05 black a silver i might paint it all silver . maybe i can match it so perfectly that i wont have to take the front fender off .i belive the front fender is all silver

can i buy the exact matching paint from suzuki ?

Check here for your colors <a href="http://www.color-rite.com/CRPLfactoryColors.php">Color-Rite<a>. And yes the front fender is silver.

Take you time, about 25 minutes. Probably around 40 your first time. The Nose really isn't that bad, just look at the manual. Just don't forget that the headlight is a bit heavy, so it is pretty unbalanced. Don't drop it on accident! I almost did the first time I took mine off.

thanks BigBSBusa . that site you gave me the link to is very helpfull .

but this site is the best
smile.gif

this site is the classiest motorcycle site i have come across

hopefully after i get my busa i will be able to contribute to this awesome site instead of just asking questions

laugh.gif

I can remove the side fairings and reinstall pretty quickly now. All those oil changes have taught me well!
tounge.gif

But, removing the front nose piece is a b*tch! I feels like you're about to break it in half before it gives...it's got to slide out of some tight rubber grommets...

I haven't taken off the front fender, but I hear it's not fun either...

Back