How did they know?

kay, back on topic.... maybe a plane hit the Pentagon, maybe a land missle, maybe it was a little girl on a tricycle... either way WHO CARES? Let me ask, if YOU were some DOD big-wig and had video of a land based missile being launched horizontally from the back of a minivan, do ya really think that would instill fear or comfort to the CNN connected American public, know any van could pull right up and do that to their preschools?

I'm Lovin it!:rofl::rofl:

HA! That pun was planned right?
MCD.gif

Whoa, simmah down son. :laugh:

Okay, I'm going to clear up what I stated and the issues you had with it. First let me express that I am not a bible thumper. My beliefs have nothing to do with what I am seeing happen globally and that is that science and documents (the bible, koran, etc) of an early era are beginning to show evidence of the same thing(s).

First, The Theory of Evolution has as strong a following as any religion on the planet. I'm sorry but it's far from "theory" <----What is the standard you use to make this claim? . It is "belief" by many (athiests and agnostics really subscribe to this belief typically) and the belief discussed as "fact" in many classrooms. I also wasn't trying to disprove anything. That belief has as much room for discussion as any other belief that may support it or contradict it <---Can you name any theory that contradicts it with scientific evidence? . I would also recommend looking up what the difference between evolution and the Theory of Evolution as I think you have blurred the line between the two. Adaptation on a biological level is a form of evolution. Therefore, a tan is evolution "in real time" which means a person doesn't have to look back 500 years to see it happen. No, the adaption of skin to change color in order to protect it may be an evloutionary adaptation but the the fact that you tan would be the same evolutionary adaptation as walking upright. Add to that, a person who tans or over-tans has a higher chance of melanoma (skin cancer) which increases the likeliness of their offspring to then be subject to that ailment.

Second, what I said about Radioactive decay and/or Carbon-Dating was that the evolutionists of the 60s-80s attempted to use this method as a means to prove their belief was accurate. No, carbon dating is a tool used to estimate the age of things. It is not used to support evolution However, today, the two beliefs are actually finding some common ground. That is to say, the bible/koran/bhagavad gita/etc all speak of things that happened at a place or of a person who lived and did this or witnessed that... science (and carbon dating being a part of that science) is finding that many of those events did happen. Please cite examples of scientific evidence supporting a biblical event However, the interesting thing to note is that the Nile did not turn into blood as scripture and Egyptian writings would have one believe but it due to a mineral being churned from the bottom of the Nile and turning it's waters a deep read - for example. Please cite this example So this would be where science and scripture agree. The zealot for either side would have you believe that either scripture is absolutely wrong or absolutely correct - it was or wasn't actual blood. I am not saying that here.

Third. A day is a day? Sure, so long as we can agree a day is a man made concept to describe our planets rotation and a year is our way of describing our revolution around the sun. They are man made measurements of time. Likewise, it's possible that a person who "hears" from God misunderstands what is being "communicated" to him. Armed with only a basic and very human understanding of the measurement of time, that person could translate that communication into "on the 7th day God rested" when in fact it could have been "in the 7th millennium God saw that his creation was perfect and had nothing else he wanted to do". You could say that to justify any contradiction or ambigious section of the bible. These are not deep philosophical things (I'm trying to keep it light) but I hope the point is made. In addition, the Buddhist, the Muslim, the sun worshiping Egyptian of biblical times, and many others have their own version of creation. You obviously have your own. Actually every society has a creation myth to explain their origons.

I think it is a person with closed mind who would respond in a way which offered nothing in terms of discussion but only attacked things for the sake of the attack. If you reread my original post, you'll see that when you state "The bible will never disprove science..." and "science will never disprove the bible", I had effectively said the same thing. Hence the reason for my response at all.

No feathers ruffled here. You're entitled to your opinion as is the next individual. It's the comprehension of those opinions where we differ I think.

:poke:

Please see above.

The only thing that bothers me about 9/11 is the Pentagon crash. All the cameras around the building, on the freeway, and on all the other buildings around it, and the only footage released is a crappy parking entrance camera that shows nothing.....WTF?

Anyway, I've got my tinfoil hat on, so just try and get to my brain you aliens....

- How about the fact that jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel?
- How about the fact that there was molten steen found at the base of WTC 1,2 & 7 weeks after they fell?
- How about the steel structures at the base that were sheered off exactly like they would be during a controled demolition?
- How about there being nothing left of the jet that crashed in PA, no scraps of luggage, no seats, no remains...this has never happened in aviation history, well except for the plane hitting the pentagon.
- WTC 7, not hit by a plane but fell, pancaked upon itself.

The list of questions goes on and on.

WWJD I think it is wrong to dismiss the question because we don't know what to do with the answers as you surggest.

I'll probably never find proof of UFOs, but I won't wasting my life searching either ;)

I'll probably never find proof of UFOs, but I won't wasting my life searching either ;)

But how much effort would you put toward denying their existance because they don't fit within the constrains of your beliefs?

Please see above.

Good point about the tanning thing. I guess it might be more accurate to see it as an already evolved reaction to solar radiation. I'll have to chew on that and the analogy that I used and see what I comes out in the wash.

For everything else, I will defer to my first post which simply stated, "Go investigate these things for yourself". I wasn't looking for a philosophical debate over the internet on a motorcycle forum.

:)

If we're going to continue this conversation or debate, I'm not going to continue to share while you two choose not to. So, you should state what it is that you believe to be true. Also, I am not going to remain on the defensive, so be prepared to bring your references to the conversation which support your stance, your opinion, and the/your facts - since that is what you are asking of me to do. I am confident in what I believe and I feel I can show evidence to support what I believe should we get to the point that you state what you believe (in a short misunderstood post and it's follow-up lol) for the world to see.

I think you'll find it's easier to mock, ask questions, and poke holes in someones 50 line or less post than it was to actually put your neck out there and state that your great(x200 ?) grandfather was a monkey who used to pick it's rear and smell it's finger. Yeah, I was right, that is definitely easier.

:laugh:

Regardless, the "short and sweet" intention of my post was, "I find it interesting how the disparity between science and faith has changed in the last ten years, maybe you will too. I would encourage you to seek out your own truth." That still stands.

With highest regard and all joking aside!
:thumbsup:

But how much effort would you put toward denying their existance because they don't fit within the constrains of your beliefs?

What ? ? ? :laugh: There is a difference between "Defending" and calling out the obvious. Skimming back through, I don't see where I was defending MY beliefs as much as laughing at Zietgust and ribbing your comparison to it's validity compared to the Bible. no defending, just pointing out the obvious:

Bible = thousands of years of background, proof etc etc etc bla bla bla
Zitgushed = a couple guys with a video editor. have ya seen youtube lately? Should we go through the 120 billion videos on there and try to prove and disprove them? No thanks! life's short enough without wasting it listening to the morons on Youtube. :)

Last edited:
smoke and mirrors. If you weren't there when it happend then you're just left to believe someone elses story about what did....

Good point about the tanning thing. I guess it might be more accurate to see it as an already evolved reaction to solar radiation. I'll have to chew on that and the analogy that I used and see what I comes out in the wash.

For everything else, I will defer to my first post which simply stated, "Go investigate these things for yourself". I wasn't looking for a philosophical debate over the internet on a motorcycle forum.

If we're going to continue this conversation or debate, I'm not going to continue to share while you two choose not to. So, you should state what it is that you believe to be true. Also, I am not going to remain on the defensive, so be prepared to bring your references to the conversation which support your stance, your opinion, and the/your facts - since that is what you are asking of me to do. I am confident in what I believe and I feel I can show evidence to support what I believe should we get to the point that you state what you believe (in a short misunderstood post and it's follow-up lol) for the world to see.

I think you'll find it's easier to mock, ask questions, and poke holes in someones 50 line or less post than it was to actually put your neck out there and state that your great(x200 ?) grandfather was a monkey who used to pick it's rear and smell it's finger. Yeah, I was right, that is definitely easier.

Regardless, the "short and sweet" intention of my post was, "I find it interesting how the disparity between science and faith has changed in the last ten years, maybe you will too. I would encourage you to seek out your own truth." That still stands.

- I believe humans evolved from a common ancestor with other primates as is shown in the historical record. Human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok I know wikipedia is sometimes suspect but it is the easiest way to show a consolidation of sources. So rather than point to wikiedia as the source I am citing you may choose any of the 50 or so listed in the reference.

- I believe there are a lot of questions and inconsistancies pertaining to the events of 911. I mentioned some of the questions in a previous post.

I don't believe we have been told the truth abou tthe events of 911 and that is disrespectful to the people and families of people who died that day.

I dunno.... I got so tired if hearing "Truths" I stopped watching ALL News ALTOGETHER. Life couldn't be better. No sense in worrying about things not within the grasp of my world involving family and friends. News and the importance of "information" is over rated but we can't see that because we are swimming in it ALL THE TIME.
If you mix EVERYTHING into a soup, you don't get the greatest soup ever, you get a bowl of ----. :)

Whoa, simmah down son. :laugh:

Okay, I'm going to clear up what I stated and the issues you had with it. First let me express that I am not a bible thumper. My beliefs have nothing to do with what I am seeing happen globally and that is that science and documents (the bible, koran, etc) of an early era are beginning to show evidence of the same thing(s).

First, The Theory of Evolution has as strong a following as any religion on the planet. I'm sorry but it's far from "theory". It is "belief" by many (athiests and agnostics really subscribe to this belief typically) and the belief discussed as "fact" in many classrooms. I also wasn't trying to disprove anything. That belief has as much room for discussion as any other belief that may support it or contradict it. I would also recommend looking up what the difference between evolution and the Theory of Evolution as I think you have blurred the line between the two. Adaptation on a biological level is a form of evolution. Therefore, a tan is evolution "in real time" which means a person doesn't have to look back 500 years to see it happen. Add to that, a person who tans or over-tans has a higher chance of melanoma (skin cancer) which increases the likeliness of their offspring to then be subject to that ailment.

Second, what I said about Radioactive decay and/or Carbon-Dating was that the evolutionists of the 60s-80s attempted to use this method as a means to prove their belief was accurate. However, today, the two beliefs are actually finding some common ground. That is to say, the bible/koran/bhagavad gita/etc all speak of things that happened at a place or of a person who lived and did this or witnessed that... science (and carbon dating being a part of that science) is finding that many of those events did happen. However, the interesting thing to note is that the Nile did not turn into blood as scripture and Egyptian writings would have one believe but it due to a mineral being churned from the bottom of the Nile and turning it's waters a deep read - for example. So this would be where science and scripture agree. The zealot for either side would have you believe that either scripture is absolutely wrong or absolutely correct - it was or wasn't actual blood. I am not saying that here.

Third. A day is a day? Sure, so long as we can agree a day is a man made concept to describe our planets rotation and a year is our way of describing our revolution around the sun. They are man made measurements of time. Likewise, it's possible that a person who "hears" from God misunderstands what is being "communicated" to him. Armed with only a basic and very human understanding of the measurement of time, that person could translate that communication into "on the 7th day God rested" when in fact it could have been "in the 7th millennium God saw that his creation was perfect and had nothing else he wanted to do". These are not deep philosophical things (I'm trying to keep it light) but I hope the point is made. In addition, the Buddhist, the Muslim, the sun worshiping Egyptian of biblical times, and many others have their own version of creation. You obviously have your own.

I think it is a person with closed mind who would respond in a way which offered nothing in terms of discussion but only attacked things for the sake of the attack. If you reread my original post, you'll see that when you state "The bible will never disprove science..." and "science will never disprove the bible", I had effectively said the same thing. Hence the reason for my response at all.

No feathers ruffled here. You're entitled to your opinion as is the next individual. It's the comprehension of those opinions where we differ I think.

:poke:

:thumbsup: nice follow-up...knowing more about your stand I can get your original message. Not the first time I've given a person a combative voice and mis-interpreted their post (ask wwjd :laugh:) thanks for not beating me too badly

PS no blurr in the line of evolution and the theory of....the evolution you speak of is linear and the theory of is assigned to cross species. But your skin tanning is still not a form of linear evolution. It's a physical adaptation that's allowed because we evolved LONG ago. Not sure how else to try to explain what I mean...maybe someone else can dig into their fancy word bank and state it more clearly:beerchug:

and looking back I see sj made the whole tanning thing clear (edit)

Last edited:

I'm not even involved in this convo anymore but hey, I like you. Debate without hurting someones feelings is hard to find:thumbsup: I'mma use you!

In the way of evolution, I believe in linear evolution and dominant mutations. Not so much cross species evolution.

I believe that religion was created as a form of comfort and a means to explain the unexplainable...then was maniupulated and used to control masses with the use of fear and guilt.

I believe that most Christians ONLY claim to be Christian because of this deep seeded fear and guilt.

I believe that most Christians, in order to make sense of their faith, will twist and modify biblical text and/or assume metaphorical meanings to make said text more believable to themselves.

I believe you're right about the variables in radioactive decay, but for the big picture it serves it purpose.

I believe I'm targeting Christians because I'm ashamed of being tricked into believing God when I was younger.

I believe Pepsi tastes better than Coke.

I believe Busa's are the only man made machine that was designed with Robo-sex in mind.

And I believe I'm rambling now.

:beerchug:

I believe that most Christians, in order to make sense of their faith, will twist and modify biblical text and/or assume metaphorical meanings to make said text more believable to themselves.

Maybe some day, at some point in life, when you sit down and wonder why SOMETHING is missing when you have everything, you'll search, find, and then retract this statement.

"I believe I'm targeting Christians because I'm ashamed of being tricked into believing God when I was younger."

nothing to be ashamed of.... just parents trying to install a compass. they wanted you to grow up right is all.

Maybe some day, at some point in life, when you sit down and wonder why SOMETHING is missing when you have everything, you'll search, find, and then retract this statement.

"I believe I'm targeting Christians because I'm ashamed of being tricked into believing God when I was younger."

nothing to be ashamed of.... just parents trying to install a compass. they wanted you to grow up right is all.

So are you saying that religion is the only source of a moral compass?

That prople only behave a certain way because of the potential to go to heaven?

Just asking.

So are you saying that religion is the only source of a moral compass?

Just asking.

You know I can't prove or disprove anything about heaven to you, but can you show me ANY sort of moral compass other than something that was deep rootedly based on religious principals from long ago? All I ever heard was, "Well, people just KNOW what is right and wrong" or "you are taught that by parents that are not religious" but WHERE DID THE INITIAL ideals originate when practically every known tribe and group on the planet acknowledges some kind of supreme deity?

As far as people inherently knowing wrong and right, I think a quick review of the morning news paper will debunk that one pretty quickly. Every day. Every year. All the time. In complete contrast, when "religious" morals and right and wrong are removed from the public, all kinds of horrible, horrible things start to escalate. And don't ask me for sources. There are far too many on a daily basis for me to document them. You have seen plenty of cases I am sure. Do you own research on this. People tend to reach for the WORST thing when not guided. I don't know why... "Human nature" is the most common excuse. So where is the inherently known "right and wrong"? Compass is NEEDED

You know I can't prove or disprove anything about heaven to you, but can you show me ANY sort of moral compass other than something that was deep rootedly based on religious principals from long ago? All I ever heard was, "Well, people just KNOW what is right and wrong" or "you are taught that by parents that are not religious" but WHERE DID THE INITIAL ideals originate when practically every known tribe and group on the planet acknowledges some kind of supreme deity?

As far as people inherently knowing wrong and right, I think a quick review of the morning news paper will debunk that one pretty quickly. Every day. Every year. All the time. In complete contrast, when "religious" morals and right and wrong are removed from the public, all kinds of horrible, horrible things start to escalate. And don't ask me for sources. There are far too many on a daily basis for me to document them. You have seen plenty of cases I am sure. Do you own research on this. People tend to reach for the WORST thing when not guided. I don't know why... "Human nature" is the most common excuse. So where is the inherently known "right and wrong"? Compass is NEEDED

I agree with you on some level with morality being rooted with theism...but I think there's a differece between morals and ethics. Morality is rooted into you possibly (most likely) due to religion...but ethics is a collection of socialy accepted rights and wrongs that one must adhere to in order to be accepted by their society.

I think it is indeed the ethics that serve as the compass and morality adds nothing (or very little) to the table. Example: it is immoral for a married man to "Check out" a woman other than his wife. Ethics dictate, look but don't touch:thumbsup:

That's just one of many examples that can be used, but I guess my point is a lot of individuals (mainly religious) think that without God and morality that the world will collapse under it's own wickedness and there'll be nothing to stop one person from murdering another. But people will still have to abide by social ethics. Japan and Norway are both more than 90% atheistic and they are both very nice places be. On the opposite sde of the spectrum, Iraq is over 90% theistic and I wouldn't want to have a picnic there.

I'd like to know if that made sense to you and if you think there is a difference between morals and ethics. And thank you EVERYONE for keeping this tame...sometimes these discussions get outtahand:whistle: (shout out!)

Back