House Paint on your bike

mikeled86

SHOT TIME RIP D.A.M
Donating Member
Registered
Well a couple months ago I posted a thread about getting house paint off your bike without messing the paint job up. After months of trying to get it off with everything from wd40 to soaking in warm water no luck. I had just about given up but last week I got the bike out and rode to my buddies house and his mom was removing fingernail polish from nails. Well I asked her if I could use a little and not even 5min later all of the thousands little paint spots came right and now it is back to normal. This is just an FYI if it happens to you use acetone free fingernail polish remover.:thumbsup:

you could have used thinner on it as long as the paint was a month or so old:whistle: not that i've ever had overspray happen at the shop or anything though:rofl:

word of caution on finger nail polish remover....use acetone....DON'T USE ACETATE it will strip paint

:poke: did you try paint thinner???

I did not try thinner was afraid it would take the clear off....it got to the point were I was using my fingernail to scratch them off....needless to say this way took forever I think it took me an hour to get a 3" x 3" section done with goo gone I used the acetone free fingernail polish remover and it the whole front end in about 15min total and thats counting me cleaning the areas where I used the remover afterwards

Glad it worked out for you.

In the future, this is the stuff you want to use: Sem Solve

Made especially for removing paint overspray. Also good on tar, stickers, handlebar grip adhesive, etc. Get it at anyplace that sells professional automotive paints.

sem solve.jpg

I was like "I know he ain't thinking what I think he's thinking" !! I was just picturing somebody next to there bike with house paint, and a roller...."who needs Revolution, I got this" !!! :laugh:

I was like "I know he ain't thinking what I think he's thinking" !! I was just picturing somebody next to there bike with house paint, and a roller...."who needs Revolution, I got this" !!! :laugh:

Thats what I pictured, glad we were wrong:laugh:

Glad it worked out for you.

In the future, this is the stuff you want to use: Sem Solve

Made especially for removing paint overspray. Also good on tar, stickers, handlebar grip adhesive, etc. Get it at anyplace that sells professional automotive paints.

thx:thumbsup:

Back