Hotbodies rear hugger

1BadAssBusa

Registered
Just got a hotbodies hugger, and having problems with the install. Anybody out there with one on their ride? No instructions came with the hugger. There are 5 holes in the hugger, but only 3 screws were supplied. I also got these two brackets, and I have no clue what they are for. Can anyone help?

DSC00147.JPG

I believe the brackets clamp around the swingarm brace on the right side and mount to the holes on the right side of the hugger. There should be two holes on the right side that should go where the OE chainguard bolts to. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! After reading your comments, I was able to complete the install. The picture that Powers739 posted shows a smaller bracket than mine. My bracket is much larger, and goes around the fat portion of the swingarm. The pre-drilled holes in the hugger did not provide a good center spot over the rear wheel, so I had to drill another hole myself. I filled the other holes in with rubber grommets. I'll post a pic later, but thanks for the help.
smile.gif

Glad you were able to get it installed.

I had similiar problems with the Hotbodies Hugger on my 06 Limited. The holes on the left side where the chain guard was removed had to be reamed out considerablly because the holes were off. On the right side the holes for the bracket were actually drilled horizontally instead of vertical like the bracket! I had to drill two new holes and fill the old ones in with white silicone. Also, had to put the hugger in somewhat of a bind to get it to clear my tire on the left side so it wouldn't rub. Stress fractures started showing up in less than 100 miles of riding.

Very disappointed in the product considering the price I paid. Color match (Pearl White) is decent. Certainly would buy a different brand if I could do it over.

I only drilled one new hole on the rght side. I felt that two additional holes would have compromised the integrity of the hugger. I'll soon find out as I begin to put miles on it this weekend. I love my Hotbodies undertail, which is why I went back to them for the hugger. I won't recomment their hugger to anyone.

(Rocky Mtn. Busa @ Apr. 17 2007,12:45) Glad you were able to get it installed.

I had similiar problems with the Hotbodies Hugger on my 06 Limited. The holes on the left side where the chain guard was removed had to be reamed out considerablly because the holes were off. On the right side the holes for the bracket were actually drilled horizontally instead of vertical like the bracket! I had to drill two new holes and fill the old ones in with white silicone. Also, had to put the hugger in somewhat of a bind to get it to clear my tire on the left side so it wouldn't rub. Stress fractures started showing up in less than 100 miles of riding.

Very disappointed in the product considering the price I paid. Color match (Pearl White) is decent. Certainly would buy a different brand if I could do it over.
Ifeel your pain. . . .

Back