Hot Tips volume???

busaryder

Registered
Has anyone ever ever put silencers or baffles in with the Hedman tips? I just put them on and yes i like the sound but I don't wanna go deaf anytime soon. I read the posts and I knew they were going to be loud. I'm not trying to make them as quiet as stocks or full cans, but I would like to drop them down a bit. Anyone got any suggestions or ideas?

OK guys here is the inside scoop!! I have k8 that is stock. I put the hedman hot tips on..... they sound great BUT........there are a few things that you need to know about them. Yes they are loud, but they growl like a big dog at idle and they scream when you get it on it. The actual sound is not what gets you, its the way they make your ears resonate. Ear plugs makes it worst, or at least the ones that i used. The best sound remedy are the Inkd ear bud head phones that i got from marshalls for like $6, turn on a little music and yu are in your own world. On the down side, my fuel milege has dropped by a bit. I do alot of miles on the interstae and I was getting 40-45 mpg, i'm not sure what it is right now but it definetly not 45. I'm getting a power commader to fix the prob. The verdit is...if you want a great sound and want to be heard....get'em today! The whole mod cost me very little. $60 for the tips, $5 for a short peice of exhaust pipe that got cut in half to give me some length, $10 for a dude cutting and swelling the ends and $1 for some self tapping screws and lock washers. This might be one of the cheapest mods out there ....who knows. I am looking into inserting baffles and a bit of packing in an attemp to stay legal.

Yeah I got these also. However, I haven't put them on yet. I tried the adapters from autozone but they didn't fit right. I have to get a slight bend in the left side of the exhaust to clear the kickstand. How much did your mileage go down?

Back