horse power estimates

Hit Man

Registered
I just got my motor back from getting rods, and all new gaskets and rings installed.
It has a stock head and cams with a 0.080 spacer plate and studs. How much power should I expect with a t3/t4 .57 trim with a .63 a/r @ 6, 15, and 20psi on c16. I have a scondary fuel system that will go on after the 1k mile break in @ 6psi. I also installed a new nitrous cut tranny.

I just got my motor back from getting rods, and all new gaskets and rings installed.
It has a stock head and cams with a 0.080 spacer plate and studs. How much power should I expect with a t3/t4 .57 trim with a .63 a/r @ 6, 15, and 20psi on c16. I have a scondary fuel system that will go on after the 1k mile break in @ 6psi. I also installed a new nitrous cut tranny.

Not sure why you are waiting on a 1k breakin, there will be nothing change in your engine from your 1st boosted run to redline, then your 1000 mile mark. When we build bikes they get broke in on the dyno, anything from a 250 hp street bike to a 650hp landspeed bike,

Richard

my set up is similar with the exception of a few different things, i did pistons, cams and a few other top end parts with what u have done except rods. With 110 octane at 10 psi i make 270 rwhp. Mine is a gen 2. That might help. The rule of thumb that was told to me was every psi is equal to 10-12 hp with a good tune. 20 psi will get you around 370 rwhp I think.

The break in period is long because I still have a few more parts to gather for my MS 2.2, and I'd like to upgrade the cooling system for street riding while its 99-106 degrees with 100% humidity. Cooling is very important in the traffic jams in Florida. I usually ride it 100 miles round trip to and from work daily. The extra boost is for the track and its way too hot for leathers now anyway.
Thanks for the info guys. I want to get around 360-375 hp out of it. I also have to do some clutch and shock changes.

Oh, I forgot to mention the APE 65# valve springs, cam tensioner, and cam sprockets were already installed.

one thing to consider that i thought about to late. 100 miles each round trip. A tank of race gas only gets my a little over 100 miles more like 120 I think and that is mostly cruising not even going in to boost to much. at 105 miles I was well in the red on the gauge, but try to keep it filled since there are only so many places to get race gas in MN. Even though I can put 93 in it till i get to some race gas i just cant run it hard, I just do not want to chance it. just some food for thought on the milage issue, again I only am running 10 psi so 20 will eat a lot more. But man 20 would be FUN...

I have a 6 stage boost controller for racing only, but I plan to only run 6-7psi on the street. My 16g spooled quick when I load the engine, but even that little turbo made less than 1psi while cruising. I don't like burning c-16 on the street, $12/gal gas isn't called for on the street boost levels. 10 psi was what I set my old 2-stage controller to. I tried more, but the fmu shims didn't like it, so I installed s2k injectors.

Back