Holidays in the office...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Phones don't ring...nothing's broken (yet)...everyone's got Christmas on the brain...

Today was our office party (gov't workers don't get a big party at some fancy hotel), so everyone brought too much food and we ate our way through a two hour lunch break (it's usually just 30 minutes)...

To top it off, we put in Monty Python's Holy Grail and had a few laughs with the boss! It's a religious movie you know...
biggrin.gif

Hope everyone else has some fun at their office parties...

I hear ya. We do the same thing. Everyone brings in way too much food , except we eat practically all day long and just hang out and visit and such. Very little work gets done. It sure is nice to just relax with the coworkers and enjoy each other's company. Nice change from the grind, and expecially since many are not having the old fashioned "office parties" any more. Too much money, too much liability. Sucks but of well. Sure do like all the goodies around!

Happy holidays to all!!

My phone was very quite today.... I think I'm one of the few people working this week - I gotta stop using up all my vacation before the holidays
smile.gif
On the other hand it sure is peaceful time to be working. Our office is like that episode of Seinfeld where they sing happy birthday everday
laugh.gif

Yeah the Government folks and most of the SOF folks become pretty darned scarce around the holidays... Works pretty well accept I have a ton of other things to get done for another client. It's getting to that panic mode... I'm gettin skeered!!! So much to do by the end of January... Creepy...

Nice and peaceful here today, expecting the same for tomarrow, I hope, but there is usually one call that "I need it now" happens.
Had our office lunch/party last week.
I am thinking about taking off all of next week, my wife asked why,............... "just because I can", why else?

Happy Holidays to all

Ride safe
eyes.gif

To top it off, we put in Monty Python's Holy Grail and had a few laughs with the boss! It's a religious movie you know...
biggrin.gif
After all of the Holy Grail stuff on the "no post whoring/pimpin" thread and I wasn't invited....
sad.gif

Wish I could have been there.
biggrin.gif

Happy Holidays!

biggrin.gif

To top it off, we put in Monty Python's Holy Grail and had a few laughs with the boss!  It's a religious movie you know...
biggrin.gif
After all of the Holy Grail stuff on the "no post whoring/pimpin" thread and I wasn't invited....
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

Happy Holidays!
Sorry stkr00...

I didn't get in on that thread because it'd been so damn long since I'd seen the movie...I ended up buying it for my best friend who just happens to work with me, and we convinced the boss to put it in...

Very funny movie...hadn't seen it in over a decade I'm sure...now, I need my own copy
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

Happy Holidays!
Sorry stkr00...

I didn't get in on that thread because it'd been so damn long since I'd seen the movie...I ended up buying it for my best friend who just happens to work with me, and we convinced the boss to put it in...

Very funny movie...hadn't seen it in over a decade I'm sure...now, I need my own copy
biggrin.gif
No problem. We got to talking about it on the other thread, and I broke down and rented it. Still funny after all these years.
laugh.gif

Happy Holidays!

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm jealous. I was trying to leave at 4:00 today and managed to leave at 6:15. Supposed to be off tomorrow, but it'll be a full day again. I miss my old job during the holidays. It was just one big party for the two or three days before we were off.

thats not the way it works in my office...phones ring twice as much...people always wanting their stuff before the holidays and we're always working twice as hard to get the stuff out the door before the holiday.
mad.gif

Gov't Job: Workin midnight shift all the way through till Friday morning. We do get holiday pay for the 25/26 though.

I think people would biotch if they work up Christmas day to no steam heat on the base though, so I guess we gotta keep the fires lit in the boilers.
laugh.gif

Back