Hmmm What do you think??

I would either strip it down, salvage what you want to keep or wait for the right buyer to pay for the complete bike (wheels, suspension, brakes, and all). You have to groups of buyers. The ones looking to buy cheap and then the few who want all the blilng and will pay for a turn key bike. The Gen1 bikes are starting to loose their popularity since the Gen2 has been out for a while now.

Good luck with the sale!

The paint will be a hard seller, replace your brakes and forks back to stock, price it at 6500-7000. Its a hard market considering you can pick up GEN2's for 8000. Somebody might like the paint and 1397 and use it as a base for a drag bike or something. Even if you left all your suspension and brakes on it I don't see you getting 8K for it. What exactly are you trying to do with it? If you like the look of the GEN2 it would be cheaper just to put a GEN2 body on it. Sure would be cheaper to do more stuff to yours and the GEN2s' arent any faster

OK, here's my disenting opinion. Analyze your "boredom" with the bike and read the book, "how to want what you already have".
The grass is greener disease affects all of us so when that happens, it's time to maybe consider doing labor intensive mods/improvements to the great bike you already own!
For years the "but something new" mentality dominated me...I traded it for, "keep something and improve/develop it over time". And the argument, "I've already had my bike a long time and improved it"....doesn't hold water....you can ALWAYS make it better than it is. For me, it's a great way to play in our sport instead of new scooters all the time.
You asked for opinions! Raydog

Did you ever get that Tattoo on your lower back of the flower? I know you were seriously considering it, I hope you talked yourself out of it and went with the Broke Back Mountain movie poster!

WOW, Ted, i hope you didn't want those break calipers of yours to be safe,, huh! :whistle:

^ yeah, I forgot you had those calipers to rebuild!

You're right, a tattoo like that would be very manly no matter what anyones says! :whistle:

Back