Hmf exhausts

So, if the HMFs are so loud, how do they compare to say, D&D for loudness?

Do the HMF Big Birds and Duals make good power with a PC?

Now youre trying to compare apples with oranges.D&D are in NO way comparable to HMF's.
What he^ said!

My neighbor has D&D dual lows. They sound totally different than my HMF dual lows. We give off totally different tones and have a different range of sound....if that makes sense.

You'd have to hear them side by side. I'm not sure of the terminology to use to describe the difference.

Now youre trying to compare apples with oranges.D&D are in NO way comparable to HMF's.
What he^ said!

My neighbor has D&D dual lows.  They sound totally different than my HMF dual lows.  We give off totally different tones and have a different range of sound....if that makes sense.

You'd have to hear them side by side.  I'm not sure of the terminology to use to describe the difference.
Yeah, I haven't heard HMFs, but am curious. I can compare my Two Bros to my friends D&Ds and can say that mine sound deeper and more organizeed (less raspy) than his.

The reason why I am so curious is that a board member here has a good deal on the Big Bird system. Just trying to get an idea of what they are all about. There are lot's of full systems out there, some costing twice as much.

Not to thread jack or anything, but comparing single full systems, how does the Big Bird compare to Yosh, Akropovic, Hindle etc. You guys with the duals swear by them, what about single systems though?

...edited by BiG-T to cut down on the text...

I can compare my Two Bros to my friends D&Ds and can say that mine sound deeper and more organizeed (less raspy) than his.

The reason why I am so curious is that a board member here has a good deal on the Big Bird system.  Just trying to get an idea of what they are all about.  There are lot's of full systems out there, some costing twice as much.

Not to thread jack or anything, but comparing single full systems, how does the Big Bird compare to Yosh, Akropovic, Hindle etc.  You guys with the duals swear by them, what about single systems though?
Raspy....good word!!

That Big Bird is a good deal too! I would have jumped on it but someone mentioned they only come in singles. Maybe that's why they're so loud.
rock.gif

After you get input from the members here, make sure you contact HMF directly (1.866.HMF.PIPE or 1.216.631.6980) and get input from them as well about the performance of their full systems.

What he^ said!

My neighbor has D&D dual lows. They sound totally different than my HMF dual lows. We give off totally different tones and have a different range of sound....if that makes sense.

You'd have to hear them side by side. I'm not sure of the terminology to use to describe the difference.
Yeah, I haven't heard HMFs, but am curious. I can compare my Two Bros to my friends D&Ds and can say that mine sound deeper and more organizeed (less raspy) than his.

The reason why I am so curious is that a board member here has a good deal on the Big Bird system. Just trying to get an idea of what they are all about. There are lot's of full systems out there, some costing twice as much.

Not to thread jack or anything, but comparing single full systems, how does the Big Bird compare to Yosh, Akropovic, Hindle etc. You guys with the duals swear by them, what about single systems though?
CLICKY HERE for my bike with HMF dual high on it.

Yeah his tire moved. I have the D&D's carbon fibers and liked the fact that they are loud but I liked the way thebbbusa's two bros sounded. To be quite honest if the HMF's are even louder I would not get them because the cans I have now are annoying sometimes but good.

The bike is on a rear stand, in neutral. That's why the tire moved.

Sounds like (if I read it right) the HMFs aren't as loud as the D&Ds.

Dunno. They are in OH, maybe I can pay them a visit this summer.

yeah, i just checked the main site but they're HELLA expensive. Tryin to see if GMbusa can hook us up on the single high full system that isn't the bigbird

oh i like em, i just want the single cause it'll give me more power and a more profound sound. I've heard lately that the HMF gives you more performance but just how much i'm not sure. So i'm just tryin to get all the research i can

yeah, that' why we don't want that one, we want the normal single can high mount full system

Big Bird Exhaust is for the Big Bore! IF I remember correct the collector pipes are 1.75 inches & exit tip 2.5!

Back