HKS install

chunk1340

Registered
Just unpacked the HKS Blow Off Valve and I cant find the instructions. All OK but I need to know how the vacuum pipes T in.

I assume that the vacuum pipe goes from the BOV through the plastic regulator and then onto the throttle body side (as opposed to the plenum side). I was going to T into it near the old air box sensor. Is this correct?

Thanks all. :thumbsup:

My Tial 50 BOV ...vac line ties into the Throttle bodies vac lines. See the blue line on the LEFT....its going to the BOV that off the up pipe under the inner panel.

DSC00751.jpg

Just unpacked the HKS Blow Off Valve and I cant find the instructions. All OK but I need to know how the vacuum pipes T in.

I assume that the vacuum pipe goes from the BOV through the plastic regulator and then onto the throttle body side (as opposed to the plenum side). I was going to T into it near the old air box sensor. Is this correct?

Thanks all. :thumbsup:
When the BOV sees vacuum (as in when you close the throttle) the valve will be pulled open releasing the pressure within the plenum/up-pipe. Make sure the valve runs the right way. :D

My Tial 50 BOV ...vac line ties into the Throttle bodies vac lines. See the blue line on the LEFT....its going to the BOV that off the up pipe under the inner panel.

I see you have it attached to the same group of hoses your factroy map sensor is on, do you have a check valve bleeding boost so your FI light does not come on? If so all the other connections you have on that group of hoses will be seeing inaccurate boost reference, I also see your fuel pressure reg connected to vacuum, that will cause fuel fluctuations off boost as your throttle position changes,

Richard

Last edited:
I see you have it attached to the same group of hoses your factroy map sensor is on, do you have a check valve bleeding boost so your FI light does not come on? If so all the other connections you have on that group of hoses will be seeing inaccurate boost reference, I also see your fuel pressure reg connected to vacuum, that will cause fuel fluctuations off boost as your throttle position changes,

Richard

Yes I have check valves...and no FI light at all. How would you suggest running all the vac lines then????

Yes I have check valves...and no FI light at all. How would you suggest running all the vac lines then????

I see 6 vacuum lines all going somewhere, 1 is your fuel pressure reg. which should only be connected to a boost source not vacuum, your fuel pressure should be constant, as it was from the factory, but rising when in boost. All 4 throttle bodies are teed together for the factory map with a check valve inline for the FI light, that one is correct, other then all the other lines you have teed in and running somewhere. Usually we tee the 2 spare nipples on #1 and #4 throttle bodies for the BOV, what are the other vacuum lines connected too? Do you have a line from the fuel ECU going to vacuum? Is the wastegate connected to vacuum?

Richard

See pic. I brain dead as to where the center vac line is running??? YOu say fuel should be boost sorce...like the plenum. My ultra stage-2 plenum has not nip for any line?

vac route.jpg

See pic. I brain dead as to where the center vac line is running??? YOu say fuel should be boost sorce...like the plenum. My ultra stage-2 plenum has not nip for any line?

Yes fuel should be boost ref., if you run it as vacuum, then your fuel pressure will change with vacuum, the same as it does with boost, and the factory mapping for the bike is based off of 43 psi constant pressure. Suzuki did not run a vacuum line into the tank for the factory reg.

Here is an easy run down on what I would recommend, the wastegate should be connected to boost, not vacuum and should see good volume, so I would connect it to the plenum. I would also connect the Microtech to the plenum, as you are referencing boost not vacuum, plus the plenum boost signal is quicker and stronger then a throttlebody nipple. The fuel pressure reg should be on the plenum, the nipple you have marked with 2 check valves looks to be blocked off, no line on it just a plug. The 2 check valves should be installed in the vacuum line to the factory map sensor, which I would suspect is the center line, not the one you have marked as map sensor.

Boost reference: wastegate, fuel reg., microtech

Vacuum ref: BOV (#1 and #4), factory map sensor (all 4 TBs), and boost guage if you wish to see vacuum, if not connect it to boost only

Richard

Last edited:
And that is why RCC is the best choice for a turbo application due to his customer service and quality parts.

Yes fuel should be boost ref., if you run it as vacuum, then your fuel pressure will change with vacuum, the same as it does with boost, and the factory mapping for the bike is based off of 43 psi constant pressure. Suzuki did not run a vacuum line into the tank for the factory reg.

Here is an easy run down on what I would recommend, the wastegate should be connected to boost, not vacuum and should see good volume, so I would connect it to the plenum. I would also connect the Microtech to the plenum, as you are referencing boost not vacuum, plus the plenum boost signal is quicker and stronger then a throttlebody nipple. The fuel pressure reg should be on the plenum, the nipple you have marked with 2 check valves looks to be blocked off, no line on it just a plug. The 2 check valves should be installed in the vacuum line to the factory map sensor, which I would suspect is the center line, not the one you have marked as map sensor.

Boost reference: wastegate, fuel reg., microtech

Vacuum ref: BOV (#1 and #4), factory map sensor (all 4 TBs), and boost guage if you wish to see vacuum, if not connect it to boost only

Richard

The nip on the far left is NOT plugged, just can see it. THe one in the center is AEM boost guage. My plenum is one of MotorHeads older kits and there is NO nip on it for any lines???? WHere would I tap the plenum for a boost reading nip? Im set to tune at PowerHOuse on the 15th...so I need to get this all correct before then right?

Back